36. Shubho Sharadiya I

Shubho Sharadiya- Happy Festivities during the season of Sharat i.e., autumn
Refers to Durga Puja in Bengal.
Durga Puja which takes place in Bengal begins from the 6th day after the new moon i.e., on shoshti. The seventh day is called Saptami, the eighth, ashtami, ninth, navami and the tenth is dashami.
This celebration during autumn is called 'akal- bodhon' or untimely worship.
Legend says that this was started by Lord Rama when he worshipped the Goddess to seek power to defeat Ravana.

Here's wishing everyone a very happy Sharadiya Durgotsab! May the Goddess shower you and your family with blessings! May her presence defeat all evil aspects and enemies in your life! 🙏

......................

4th October

Sampurnaa's pov:

It is Shoshti today!

I arrived in Kolkata yesterday at midnight but I got up fairly early at 6 today! The excitement of visiting this city, going pandal hopping has really induced a new energy in me!
I want to visit most of the popular puja pandals today itself since puja technically begins from tomorrow.

I decided to go with casual clothes today. I will begin wearing my traditional outfits from tomorrow.

I am neither thin nor am I fat. I have a normal body and I am not ashamed of it. I used to feel quite shy back in high school when I had serious weight... But I gradually reduced a bit and am now comfortable in my own skin.

 But I gradually reduced a bit and am now comfortable in my own skin

Pic credits: google

We have a flat here near Science City. We are headed to Boudi's place right now. Dada is there with her as she wanted to be there with her grandmother. Her house is at Ballygunge Circular Road, one of the posh areas in Kolkata.

I had been put in charge to map out a route for pandal hopping. I had selected a route which began near Ballygunge and ended at Salt Lake which is quite near to our place.

..............

Ballygunge Circular Road

We reached Boudi's house in 45 minutes which is quite a miracle considering the jam packed roads with thousands of excited pandal hoppers. Dada, Boudi, her parents, her grandmother and Indrayan were waiting for us.
Dida, aunty and Maa were the only ones who had made efforts to wear saree. Adrija Boudi was dressed in an indo-western outfit. Baba and Uncle had dressed up in casual shirts while Dada and Indrayan had chosen to wear jeans and tees.
I greeted everyone and bent to touch Dida's feet to seek her blessings. She wanted to meet me as she had heard a lot about me from her granddaughter, daughter and son in-law.
She blessed me and then asked me to stand still in front of her. She looked at me from head to toe in a scrutinising way. I really didn't know what she had been trying to see.
After awhile, she cleared my confusion,"Bhaalo laagche. Ekdom modern,mishti and beautiful!" (looking good. Absolutely modern, sweet and beautiful)