A toast to.....

Flashback

"I don't hate you Delilah..."He held out his hand in front of my face and finally said. "I despise you..."

With that my heart broke even more but I decided that no matter what he says to me I won't let it ruin my day.

As I walked passed him I stopped by his ear and whispered softly "Well then I guess the feeling is mutual." I was about to turn the knob when he pulled me back and smashed his lips into mine.

Flashback end

I woke up from my sleep all sweaty and gross so I decided to go shower and wash off his scent. Ever since that day I've had the same nightmare the same tingling sensation every time and honestly it made me disgusted Julio was my own blood and he- no, no, no

Stop thinking about it

After I showered and went back to bed I checked the time it was five in the morning and I don't wake up till eight but now I can't fall asleep because my dream is still stuck behind my eyelids and whenever I close them I see him. I see Julio.

Hours later

Eventually I fell asleep but much later with tossing and turning the whole time until I slowly slipped away.

I feel like I'm forgetting something but I don't know what it is so I to my bathroom to brush my teeth. Brush out my hair and placed it into a slick ponytail with two strands sticking out.

After everything was done I picked out a peach dress that fell above my knee with little stones surrounding the bottom part of the dress. I stood in front of my mirror and fully looked at myself. My auburn hair was still waist length even after tying it up it only move a few inches and my eyes staring intensely at my reflection.

Something is bugging me like honestly what did I forget?

Once I was done I stepped out if my room and slowly walked down the stairs and heard some hushed whispering and then total silence.

Strange

"Hello guys María,José,Nana. Where are you guys Miguel, Ángel, Rodríguez, Rosemary."

Okay this is weird like bat sh*t crazy. I finally got to the bottom of the staircase and to say I was shocked was an understatement of the decade.

I turned around and they all shouted 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEÑORITA ESMERALDA"

I screamed from shock but quickly recovered and tears streamed down my face and suddenly Nana told me to turn around and I was over the moon Estella was back. How I miss her so much.

"Ella is that you?" I questioned

"Nah I'm her twin sister Valentina." she said laughing"Happy birthday love."

"Ha ha very funny Ella. I knew I forgot something but I didn't think I would forget my own birthday."

"Stress is not good for you anyway back to business, is it me or you got damn right smokin' hot. I love that peach you look amazing."

"Thanks Ella I definitely put in 24 hours to make my skin flawless just so I could wake up and say 'i woke up like this'." she and I bursted out laughing

"Is that so?"

Shiver

He's here.

"Julio" I said

"Happy birthday Delilah."he said

Shiver

I don't like the way he makes my name roll of his tongue like we're enemies. I'm his sister. And seriously why is it that it's always cold whenever he is around?

I gave a curt nod and smiled at Estella about to say something why Julio spoke again.

"Father is coming home tonight and he said he wants to talk to you." Julio said

I didn't answer. Don Federico my father has been out of the country for 6 months and has never called once to check up on me even though I'm his daughter.

"Merelda, you okay?" Ella asked

"Yeah I wouldn't I be?" I questioned

"Just checking. You seemed dazed." she said looking worried.

"I'm still in shock that's why." I explained

She nodded letting it go but Julio was staring at me and I didn't have to turn around to know. I could feel his eyes burning holes in the back of my head.

"Well I'm going to the ranch. I'll be back in time to see father." I said I needed some air and needed to shoot something.

"Okay be safe," Ella said as she kissed me on my forehead. I waved goodbye and left.

____________________________________

Comment
Vote
Follow

~Fazipe  :)