Dramatic pause?

Previously

I lifted up my wine that I have been drinking and said

"A toast to my screwed up life."

And completely drowned the content out.

Now

As I made my way to Father's office I heard people talking scratch that I heard arguing.

So I knocked on the door and heard a cold voice say

"Come in."

As I walked in I saw Father by his desk and Julio sat in front of him. Both facing me. Father with a cool impassive face and Julio glaring daggers at me for the hundredth time today.

Doesn't he get tired of scowling all the time? Or is his face permanently stuck like that?

I'm secretly laughing and pulled out of my thoughts once I hear Father laugh and try to cover it with a cough. It was then I realized I said it out loud I should seriously learn to stop voicing out my thoughts it's gonna get me in trouble one day if I survive today.

Because the way Julio is fuming I don't want to be near him.

His face is like a cherry tomato it can't get better than this oh no...wait... it did...ha

Father is full on laughing now and I covered my eyes thinking it would shield me from his icy glare.

"Oops." I mutter much to my annoyance he speaks

"F*ck you Delilah." he said with a smirk

"I know you want to brother." I said back reflecting his expression

His eyes turned into a darker shade of blue and my heart skipped a beat.

Uh oh wrong move!

"Talk about awkward." I heard a deep voice say.

I turned to Father as I studied his face. He had brown hair unlike Julio that had ink black hair.

He had the same eyes as Julio and Estella I guess I'm the outcast in a way it was never easy fitting in. I was always different but Ella told me not to worry about it until I was old enough and here I am questioning it again.

I looked nothing like them. They had no resemblance to me and neither I to them. It was unsettling being the different one. But what can one do I guess I was born this way.... Maybe Mama was like me. But Father told me she died giving birth to me.

Oh right I'm not alone

"Yes Father you wanted to talk to me." I said sitting down crossing one leg over the other and by that time my peach dress had ridded up. Exposing my upper thigh. Suddenly I heard Julio suck in a breath

Pervert

Is he not ashamed of his behaviour towards his younger sister. He acts as though we are not related whatsoever. I hate it but I what can I do that I haven't done before.

A cough placed my attention back on Don Federico. He stared at me long and hard. Looking as if he was contemplating on whether or not to tell me what he called me in for.

"I have something important to tell you..." he paused for a while.

What is he trying to do? Add a dramatic pause.

His silence was slowly making me anxious. Because I had no idea what he would say next. Father had always been unpredictable and it made life difficult for me.

He continued, "Esmeralda you are to marry Julio in two weeks."

************************************

Comment
Vote
Follow

~Fazipe