Excuse me!!

Previously

"I have something important to tell you..." he paused for a while. What is he trying to do ? Add a dramatic pause. He continued, "Esmeralda you are to marry Julio in the up coming two weeks."

Now

"Excuse me I don't think I heard you right please repeat."

"Esmeralda, you know I don't like repeating myself."

"No way am I marrying my own brother. Have you two gone crazy?!!" I shouted

I stood up while saying this and all Julio did was repeat the words he said earlier today.

"You, Delilah have a very dirty mouth."

"Hypocrite." I said back to him

"SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU!"

He looked as calm as ever. Like he never told me that I would marry Julio.

"Esmeralda, you are not my daughter." he said in a icy voice similar to the stare Julio is giving me.

I just felt those words slap me and I was lost for words. Don Federico thought it was a reason to go on explaining.

"You are not my daughter but you are to be my daughter in-law" he said with a sinister smile.

I thought I could never hate my father wait scratch that my soon to be father in-law. Screw him I'll not marry Julio

"I will not marry him and besides he despises me and the feeling is mutual."

"Julio I thought I told you years earlier so you could get rid of this so called 'hatred' of yours and get cozy with her."

To say I was shocked was the understatement of the century. 'Years ago'... 'Cozy with her'

"How long has he known?" I questioned angrily

"Let me see. Oh yes! ... Eight years ago and he was fourteen if I'm correct and you were ten."

"WHAT?!" I screamed eight years ago

"And he only made a move two years ago on your sixteenth birthday. And today on your eighteenth birthday" he said "Julio, What is with you and doing crazy things on her birthdays?"

Julio just shrugged not affected by this conversation but I could still see the hatred in his eyes.

No wonder he f*cking hates me it's your fault old man. I was innocent and sane before this... Nah maybe this is a dream. Come on Esmeralda wake up. I'm going insane.

"I will have to clean that mouth, because you have a dirty mouth Delilah." Julio said

"Screw you..." I started feeling dizzy and lightheaded. I pressed my fingers on my temple. Hoping it would stable me. "I don't feel so good..."

And with that everything turned black and I hit the ground but not before hearing a soft whisper saying my name 'Delilah'

****Hours later****

I started to regain consciousness still a bit disoriented I layed with my eyes closed. I hope it was a dream or a nightmare but the voices said otherwise. It was real.

"Father, you see. Why did you have to tell her so soon?" I noticed that voice even in a state of shock I still felt shivers

LOVE YOU LOTS LIKE JELLYTOTS

Comment
Vote
Follow

~Fazipe