Mind Slip

-x- All Might's POV -x-

My shoes clacked against the tiled floors as I raced to Midoriya's room. Realizing that I should quiet down as to not scare him, I allowed myself to slow down, only creaking the door open when I got to his room.

I peeked in through the crack, watching as Midoriya stared in amazement at the tubes connected to his body.

"What the?" he whispered to himself, "How did this happen?"

Straightening myself up, I felt a rush of embarrassment for spying on the young boy. Clearing my throat, I walked in. "Hello, Young Midoriya! Glad to see you're alright!" I exclaimed before reverting to my true form, blood spewing from my lips.

Midoriya's eyes widened as he saw me enter. "All Might! What's going on here?!" he questioned.

I scratched the back of my neck nervously. "We uh...," I sat down in the chair beside his bed, "Found you in an alleyway nearby. You were beaten to a pulp, Young Midoriya! What in the world happened to you?!"

His face scrunched up as he struggled to remember. "Well I...," he hissed, touching his forehead.

I began to sit up, "Is there something wrong?"

"No," he laughed, "Guess I just have a headache...." He smiled, then proceeded to answer as best as he could. "I remember... Getting lost on my way home... And then some random guy came up and pushed me down.... And... Somehow I fell asleep...?" He seemed confused, questioning each of his statements.

I rubbed my chin. "Strange... We actually did find a man... But," I mumbled, "He wasn't in good shape..."

"What... What do you mean?" he asked.

Sighing, I waved him off. "Not to worry, Young Midoriya. It's not like you could've done much. Besides," I reminded him, "He was a criminal. He was likely trying to mug you when someone came and stopped him. Maybe went a little overboard, though..." I turned to look at him. "You had some pretty major injuries yourself, Young Midoriya. Bruises were scattered throughout your skin, along with cuts, scrapes, and the likes. You really have no clue what happened?"

He simply shrugged, equally stumped as we were. "Maybe... Maybe he just did it for fun or something? I don't know... Some people," he looked sad, "Just like doing bad things for no reason."

I nodded sadly. "Unfortunate, but true."

Before we could speak any longer, Midoriya's mother rushed in.

"Oh, my baby Izuku!" she cried, hugging him tightly. "I don't know what I would've done if something had happened to you!"

He looked surprised as the woman was hugging her. "Uh, hey... This is nice and all, but... I'm really not trying to be rude, I swear... Could you give me a minute?" he gave her a crooked smile.

She sniffled. "W-what? Izuku..." Quickly regaining her composure, she nodded. "Ah, yes. I should give you some time to heal. I'll be back soon, honey!" she called back, leaving the room.

Turning to him, I asked, "Are you sure you wanted to do that? You know, I could've talked to you afterwards..."

He nodded. "Yeah... Oh, and one question," he added, "Who was that woman?"

Doing a double take, I began choking on my own spit, sending myself into a coughing fit.

"All Might?!" his voice dripped with concern, "Are you okay?"

I nodded, patting my chest before I connected eyes with him. "Are you sure you're okay, Young Midoriya?"

He tilted his head, confused. "Yeah. Why?"

"The woman you sent out. That was your mom," I reminded him.

His eyes widened. "Why didn't I know that?!" His voice became shaky, "How... How could my own mother slip my mind..." He began to panic, pressing his hands against the sides of his head as he trembled.

Sitting up, I attempted to soothe him. "Woah, woah, calm down, my boy! You're fine! It only makes sense-your head was scratched up pretty bad, too. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you forgot a few other things as well. You shouldn't worry, though, the doctors made sure you were perfectly healthy-maybe there are just some adverse side effects from your little scuffle."

He simply nodded, seemingly reassuring himself as he took deep breaths, squeezing his eyes shut. As he opened them back up, he seemed calmer, less frantic.

"Alright, I'm okay now. I still can't believe I forgot my own mom... Inko Midoriya. See, I know!" he smiled- though it didn't quite reach his eyes.

---

"Young Midoriya, are you feeling better now?"

The boy nodded, a bright smile on his face. "You think Aizawa will kill me after missing so many days?" he joked.

I stroked my chin. "Possibly... But fear not! I'll at least put up a fight to save you, dear citizen!"

Beaming, he laughed, taking in a deep breath before opening the door. "Bye All Might!" he said, stepping inside the classroom.

"Goodbye, Young Midoriya!"

---

so apparently the below comment has elicited a strong response

pls imma die, i get it ;,)

How do you even forget your mom

ill leave this tho for the meme B))

Thanks for reading! <3