They're Here

-x- Third Person POV -x-

Bakugou sat in the chair he was bound to, head hung low. The fight within him had dissipated as far as anyone could tell.

Shigaraki opened the door, careful to lift a finger to avoid disintegrating it. He grinned wickedly as he saw the boy's condition, leaning up against the wall as he stared at him. The other villains - besides Shōki and those that were captured - raised their heads towards Shigaraki, already waiting in the room.

"Hello, Katsuki Bakugou," Shigaraki rasped, nearing the boy. After receiving no response - visual or verbal - Shigaraki cleared his throat. "I assume you know why we brought you here."

Bakugou didn't stir, causing Shigaraki's eye to twitch.

"If you weren't aware, we wish for you to join our ranks as well," he said, slightly angered by the lack of response. However, this time Bakugou lifted his head slightly, crimson eyes dull.

"Great, you're alive," Shigaraki said semi-sarcastically, which caused Bakugou to lower his head once more. He sighed, letting out an annoyed laugh. "Look, we didn't bring you here to play games."

Bakugou continued to remain still, while the other villains looked on worriedly.

"Tomura Shigaraki-" Kurogiri started, sensing that Shigaraki might do something drastic. However, he paused once he saw Shigaraki take a deep breath and grin.

"I mean, your little friend joined us, so why don't you?"

Bakugou's attention was captured. He raised his head, eyes narrowed. "Shut up," he growled quietly.

"Oh," Shigaraki's grin grew, "So that's a touchy subject, huh?"

"I know you did something to him. Otherwise...," he paused, looking desperate. He then raised his head more confidently. "Otherwise, he would've never joined someone like you...!"

"Look, Bakugou," he said, leaning against the bar. "I know you're upset. However, your friend joined willingly." It was a half-truth, after all.

"Yeah right!" Bakugou barked back. "You must've messed with that nerd's brain or something!"

Shigaraki raised a brow. "'Nerd,' huh? I thought you were friends."

Bakugou sunk down as the realization of his words set in. "I mean...," he mumbled.

"It's fine," Shigaraki interrupted. "I'm not here to harm you, or even to mess with you. I just wish for you to join our ranks." Noticing that Bakugou was about to speak up, Shigaraki continued quickly. "And it'll be your decision alone."

Bakugou growled, leaning forwards. "While I'm bound to this chair?"

Shigaraki sighed. "We're not stupid. If you try something, something's bound to go wrong. Moving on, though, why don't we just relax for a moment?"

Shigaraki turned before Bakugou could speak, while Kurogiri brought in a small, old TV. After a moment, the buzzing static was replaced by the news channel's video feed. A host spoke before the camera switched towards Aizawa and Vlad King.

Bakugou's eyes widened, realizing how professional Aizawa looked. They answered questions, while the ones who asked berated them for losing not one or two, but three children. (i forgot about tokoyami, so heck. i wont be writing him in because lazy but pretend I did B))

The reporters spoke illy of the pair - mainly Bakugou - when the topic of villainy came up.

"How do we know that Katsuki Bakugou - who, mind you, acted rabidly throughout the sports festival - won't join the villains?" he asked, continuing on with his ramblings.

Bakugou's heart sunk as the two heroes sat silently. Suddenly, however, Aizawa piped up.

"Although Bakugou may be seen to act villainously in some occasions, I can say with complete confidence that he is a hero. Bakugou, more than anyone at U.A., constantly tries to do better than he already is. He's paving an excellent path for himself as a hero." Aizawa continued to speak kindly of Bakugou, and the blonde was relieved.

"See," he grinned, "They believe in me."

Another reporter stood, drawing Bakugou's eyes to the screen. "What about the other boy? Izuku Midoriya."

Aizawa narrowed his eyes. "What about him?"

"As we see it, the boy has been missing for upwards of weeks. What if he fails to return? He could've been killed, or worse - turned towards the path of villainy himself."

Bakugou's throat became dry.

"I assure you, we are still searching for Midoriya. We are doing everything we can to ensure his safe return to his mother as well as his friends." Aizawa's next words crushed Bakugou. "Similarly to Bakugou, Midoriya has an undying spirit when it comes to heroics. He'd be the last one to stray from the path of heroes."

Bakugou sat in silence - the videos' muffled voices failing to register in his mind. Muffled voices echoed around him, but Bakugou barely noticed.

Suddenly, however, the door opened. In walked Midoriya - or rather, Shōki - who walked immediately to Shigaraki. He whispered into his ear, causing the man's eyes to narrow.

Bakugou's eyebrows furrowed when he heard a knocking at the door.

Midoriya's head flicked upwards, the knocking triggering a simple response. "They're here."

---

I hope this isn't bad

I think it's pretty good, but Shigaraki seems a bit formal to me, rip xD

I'm really excited for the ending but I'm also really scared you're gonna hate me for it aHhHhHhhHH

well uh

while im not dead yet

Thanks for reading! <3