Kill Your Heroes

this chapter mentions All For one's eyes several times. he doesn't have those. oops

i'm leaving it tho, so interpret it however you want :p

---

The clacks grew in volume as they gained speed, halting suddenly as the man bent down. All For One's hot breath tickled my face as he spoke, the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end. "Oh, how wrong you are."

I winced as the blindfold was forcefully yanked down, resting around my throat. The light stung my eyes as the man stepped back, his face blurred.

My eyes widened as they took in the scene-a dusty, concrete box filled with nothing but cobwebs and a flickering light. All For One's face, though, was really a sight to behold.

Tubes crept around his figure, trailing up to a mask that was placed fittingly on his lips. The device seemed to be the only thing keeping the man alive, his face nothing but scar tissue.

"W-wh" I gulped upon seeing the man's poor-state. Although he was able to move without much issue, his skin was riddled with scars and partially-healed welts. My throat became dry as I wondered how the man was still standing, much less being alive.

All For One flexed his arm, clenching and unclenching his fists. "Yes, it's unfortunate, isn't it? I'm afraid I'm in this state because of the Number One hero, All Might." His eyes  trailed down his arm, then drifted towards me. "My body's state has been declining since then. Luckily, I was able to snatch up a healing quirk. Otherwise, I fear I'd be long dead."

"Wait... s-snatched up?" I croaked, utterly confused.

The man's lips spread into a wide grin. "Yes, my boy. Considering you have One For All, I'm sure you know that quirks can be passed down under the right circumstances."

My eyes shifted as I gulped, attempting to feign ignorance.

"No need to pretend, Izuku Midoriya. I'm aware of All Might's feeble condition." His grin became more wild, "Who do you think caused it?"

Sweat began to drip down my forehead, fear infecting my soul. He... He knows? And... He could... Do something like that?

"As I was saying," he continued, "My quirk works in a similar fashion. While I may force quirks upon others, I can also take them for myself." The man glanced up, reminiscing. "Long ago, I built up an empire where there was order. But then," he gritted his teeth, "All Might took it all away from me. He left my kingdom in shambles and forced my men into hiding. Not to mention doing this," he said, gesturing to his body, "To me."

I narrowed my eyes, beginning to speak dangerously. "You're a villain. Of course All Might would need to take you down. All you wanted to do was ruin life for everyone else. He saved everyone. He deserves to be praised." Finishing I added, "Unlike you," a hint of venom in my voice.

The man's eyes connected with mine, hatred burning within them. "I suppose you're correct," he said, surprising me. "I did want to bring everything down. But for good reason."

I stared at him in bewilderment. What good reason could he have for ruining so many innocent people's lives?

"We all have different ideals here," he began, "However, we all have one thing in common. We don't believe in societal norms, or the way that it is structured. Which is the reason why we have formed this little group of ours. To rebuild an empire in which everyone can understand, without heroes and such."

My mouth fell open, confusion present on my face. "What's wrong with heroes?"

"Although not every hero is inherently bad, most are. They build their reputations up with the hopes of gaining fame, fortune, and praise. Most don't really care about who lives or dies," he said coldly. "People have become too dependent on these so-called heroes. Unfortunately, to create a new era, we must erase everything and start from the very beginning."

I gulped, realizing that he was right. A lot of heroes were in it for selfish desires. But...

"What about the heroes who do want to save people?"

The man chuckled. "Fair question, Midoriya. You see, although they aren't as harmful to society, they still disagree with us. They believe that, just because they're heroes, they're always in the right. They can, for instance, use just as much violence as they please as long as it's in the name of 'Justice.' However, those are just force-fed lies that they teach you as you as a child. And, no matter how golden a hero's heart, they'll always have darkness seeping through. Besides," he said casually, "With them in the way, we can't very well get dispose of those who are poisonous to society. So, you see, we must destroy all of them before we can start anew."

I shook, feeling nauseous. This was a truly vile man. "Everyone makes mistakes. They're at least trying to save people," I said, filled with disgust for All For One. "There are plenty of heroes who would give up anything to save others!"

Narrowing my eyes, I gave the man a pointed look, thinking of several selfless heroes.

"Like... Like All Might! Or... Kaachan..." my voice fizzled out as I remembered what they said to me.

You cannot be a hero.

Just go take a swan dive off that roof!

All For One's voice shot through me like a bullet. "You were quirkless once before, correct? And for that, you were treated like nothing. Broken down."

I gulped, shaking.

"You and I," he mused, "Are very alike. We both wish to see our plans through, stopping at nothing to see them succeed. Additionally," he glanced at me, "We've both faced our fair share of challenges."

"We're not-"

"I already told you how All Might thwarted my goals. And you were faced with similar problems." Each of his words had a lick of venom, cutting me down. "You were bullied mercilessly. By those you called friends, even."

"I... That may be the case, but I got past that!" I shouted, my eyes squeezed shut.

He chuckled. "Yes, indeed. You were able to achieve your goal and find yourself in a class with the world's future heroes. However," he stared at me coldly, quickly changing his attitude, "Haven't you noticed that no one cared until you had a quirk?"

I opened my mouth to protest, yet invading thoughts flooded my mind, sweeping my words away.

My mother gave up on me when I needed her most.

All Might told me that I couldn't be a hero without a quirk.

I was put through constant torture and bullying.

I was even told off for trying to save Kaachan.

But... "They were trying to protect me!"

All For One chuckled, then sighed. "Persistent, aren't you? Yet, there are those who aren't quite as lucky as you." His eyes narrowed, his grin growing. "What do you think happens to other people who are quirkless? Who have villainous or useless quirks? They live in misery. Quaking in the shadows. Told they won't amount to anything. Or that, because their quirk isn't up to par, they can't achieve their dreams."

I gritted my teeth, angered by the man's manipulative tactics. "You ju-"

All For One paced back and forth as he spoke, his hands clasped behind his back. "Without your quirk, you'd be nothing. Your 'friends' wouldn't want anything to do with you. We, however," he grinned, "We villains accept anyone. After all, where else would they go?" He spun on his heel, turning towards me. "So, what do you say? Would you like to join our cause?"

My expression turned to one of bewilderment. "NEVER!" I spat.

"I expected as much. Why don't I just give you some time to think about it?" I opened my mouth to speak, but the man melted into the shadows, swiftly shutting the door behind him.

I winced at the sound of the door slamming, nothing but silence as company.

---

Although Midoriya doesn't want to believe it, All For One might be getting to him. Hmm...

Thanks for reading <3