Setting the Stage

tis a mini-chapter to tide you over

a new, full one will be coming soon though <3

---

-x- Shōki's POV -x-

Collapsing to the ground, my body rattled as I gasped for air. Gritting my teeth, I pressed my fingers against my temples. "That did not feel good," I said through ragged breaths.

"Well, you're back now," Shigaraki said coldly. "You could hear everything he was saying, yeah?"

Closing my eyes, I nodded. "Yeah, for the most part. Ugh-" I groaned, "My head..."

"Poor Shōki~Kun," Toga said, giving an exaggerated frown. "Guess you're just not ready for your quirk yet, huh?"

"Um... Guess not," I laughed nervously. Letting out a grunt, I pushed myself off the ground and straightened myself.

Rolling my shoulders, I made eye-contact with Shigaraki. "So, do we have a plan?"

His teeth revealed themselves as his lips parted into a smile. "Oh yeah."

"And what would that be...?" I questioned.

Shigaraki's red eye was darting wildly. "You'll find out soon enough..."

---

Taking a deep breath, I calmed my rapid heartbeats. This is it. I can't fail now.

Opening my eyes, I tapped my fingertips against the desk before me, staring into the mirror that rested above it.

I put on a smile, running my fingers through my hair. And, shifting my eye to the left, I watched as Dabi stared at me, arms crossed. "Well, kid? Aren't you gonna get ready?"

I smiled. He'd never admit it, but he was enjoying helping me out. "Sure," I grinned. "What do you have picked out for me?"

He sighed, closing his eyes. After a moment, however, he pulled an outfit from behind his back, lips twitching with an invasive smile. "Take it or leave it," he said, tossing it over.

My eyes trailed the clothes as they sailed towards me, snatching it from the air as it came closer.

Facing back forwards, I traced the details in the fabric. Dabi had insisted it wasn't anything special, but the suit, I had to admit, looked great.

I tossed a grin towards Dabi, causing him to make a 'tch' sound before walking away. Laughing to myself, I tore off my old clothes, slipping into my suit for the first time.

Placing a silk glove between my lips, I pulled the other over my hand, careful not to rip the fabric. Afterwards, I slipped on the other one, pleased at the compliments to the suit.

My eyes trailed upwards, and I couldn't help but smile at my reflection. Buttons lined the middle of a black vest-like piece of clothing that was placed over a simple white shirt. I had rolled up the sleeves and, after unrolling my pants, tightened my tie.

Toga also insisted-similar to her signature-that I wear a mask over my mouth. I of course, not wanting to reveal my identity just yet, obliged, leading me to have a black surgical mask placed over the lower half of my face. Soon, though-and I was giddy at the thought-I wouldn't need it anymore.

With a final glance into the mirror, my lips curled upwards and into a smile. Perfect.

---

Thanks for reading!