Lab Rat

-x- Third Person POV -x-

"He's been with us for a while. I think it's time we treat him to a new quirk."

"Are you sure that's a good idea, Master? What if he goes braindead? Just becomes another Nomu."

"He'll be fine. I've made preparations to ensure so." The man's lips curled upwards into a wicked smile. "And even if things did go wrong, I'm sure we could use a Nomu with the raw power he has."

---

-x-Shōki's POV -x-

Clicking the communication device, I glanced around, making sure that there was no one around.

Kurogiri's voice spoke suddenly. "Hello, Shōki. Are you ready?"

"Yes," I answered simply.

"Very good. I'll create a portal in a few moments."

In mere seconds, a swirling vortex of mist appeared before me. I dipped my foot into the pool of violet before submerging my entire body inside. As I stepped out into the other end, I found myself in the bar, met by Kurogiri and Shigaraki.

"Master wishes to see you," Kurogiri said, not giving me any time to prepare.

I cocked my head to the side. "What for?"

"You need to inform him of how your mission went," he answered. "I imagine it went well."

Nodding, I turned my head towards Shigaraki. "Anything else?"

He smirked, laughing. "Guess you'll have to find out."

Rolling my eyes, I sighed. "Fine. Where?"

Shigaraki pointed his finger to the side, where a door connected to the darkened room I had come to know.

Cracking my neck, I shoved past Shigaraki before glancing back at him. With a smirk, I continued towards the door, curling my fingers into a fist.

After a moment, I knocked on the door, waiting for All For One's soothing voice to welcome me.

"Come in," he said, causing me to grin.

I grasped the doorknob, a creak sounding as I turned the brass. The room was almost pitch black, with only a dimly lit area towards the middle.

My feet clacked against the cold pavement, door slamming shut behind me. Stale air filled the room, echoes amplified by the pure emptiness.

Making it to the center of the room, I kneeled to the ground, bowing towards Master. "You wished to see me, sir?"

"Yes... For one, I'd like to ask how your mission went."

I lifted my head, grinning. "Perfectly. I've discovered that their class is doing a summer training camp in the woods." I furrowed my brows, cocking my head to the side slightly. "And, for some reason, they're looking for me... I knew why, but for some reason, now I don't have the foggiest idea."

"That's just fine, Shōki. Good job on completing your task. Now," he changed the subject, "Onto my next proposal."

"Hm?"

He wheeled himself forwards, the dim light shining on his smiling face. "I've decided to give you another quirk."

My eyes widened. "What? That'd be-Wait..." I stared at him, blinking. "Won't I become a Nomu?"

"I've taken precautions to ensure that won't happen," he explained. "Besides, would that be an issue for you?" he said coldly.

Smiling, I bowed once again. "Of course not, Master. I'd do anything for you."

"Perfect," he said. He raised one of his fingers, pointing to another door that was hidden in the dark. "Please, step inside there."

Nodding, I pushed myself off the ground. My feet smacked against the ground, lips curling into a smile as I reached the door.

A strange, green glow emanated from the crack in the door and, my curiosity hungering for answers, I hastily pushed it open.

Bright light flooded my vision-though it was just a flash. With a sense of awe and wonder, I stepped into the doorway and, after my initial amazement, further into the center of the room.

The door produced a satisfying slamming noise, darkening the room with it's closure. Still, the light hadn't vanished. Green tubes lined the wall, glowing with a mysterious passion. Stepping closer to one, I gazed at my reflection, taking note of my glassy eyes.

The long object was filled to the brim with a strange green liquid that bubbled to the top, popping every so often. Glass rose from a metal plate and, at the top, there was another to close it off. And, attached to each of these creations were metallic boxes with buttons scattered in rows.

Grinning, I inhaled deeply, strangely infatuated with the room. There was a sort of beauty about it, though I couldn't quite place my finger on it.

Stretching my finger outward, a smooth sensation traveled through my fingertips as they trailed up the tube laid out before me. And, as I did so, wood groaned in fierce protest, a light slipping into the room.

"Yes, it's quite beautiful, isn't it?" Master said, amused. "It was specially designed for our purposes. Your purpose."

"Speaking of," I questioned, "What exactly are these for?"

I turned my head slightly, noticing his smile, almost hidden by the fist pressed against his cheek that he leaned on. "Why, of course, they're where you'll be spending your next 5 days." He paused for a moment before adding, "Of course, you'll still be fed and such through other means."

Cocking my head to the side, I raised my brow. "And that's because..."

He sighed, glancing at his fingers. "Unfortunately, since most bodies can't handle several quirks that aren't natural, they are turned into braindead creatures-Nomus-when given these extra powers. So," he smirked, "We've designed a regimen in which the subject remains in one of these tubes for several days at a time in order to combat the effects."

"So I'm guessing the substance inside is a sort of medicine?"

Master nodded, grinning. "Smart, aren't we? Anyways," he continued, "I'll be passing one of these quirks onto you, and you'll immediately be submerged into the tube." His expression became more solemn. "If there's too much of a delay, I'm afraid there may be consequences. So everything must be perfect."

Laughing, I rubbed the back of my neck. "Well, I guess I'll be extra careful. After all," I tossed him a playful yet wicked grin, "I wouldn't want my fun to be ruined just yet."

---

Wow this chapter's kinda weird

And incredibly (maybe even annoyingly) detailed

WOOOOOT!

idek anymore

Thanks for reading! <3