Promised

~~~~Ryuu POV~~~~
"I'm accepting my fate here, I'll be staying here and let them kill me. Now go back!"- The love of my life shouted as two goons guided her out of the room.

Please....Please for love of anything, tell me this is all just a bad dream.. My Love did not just gave herself a death sentence.

"Well, you heard the lady, pleasure doing business with your pack.Devan, please see them out, if you'll excuse us."-Thomas said as he and his minion but Devan retreated through the same door.

"Right this way please"- Devan voiced as he extended a hand to guide us through the door we came from. 

We absentmindedly followed his instruction and allowed him to guide us all the way to our car. Micheal, with tears streaming down his face, drove us back to the house.When we opened the door, we silently went to our rooms, me going back to my room, thankfully I don't have to share. 

I laid down on the bed, still trying to process what had happened. Praying that it's a dream, I shut my eyes as tightly as I could then proceeded to open them, it didn't work. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough, I closed my eyes again and opened but again, this time my eyesight got slightly blurry. 

I-it's working! I started to repeatedly closing my opening my eyes, my eyes getting more and more blurry. Then my both my eyes' vision started to clear up, I felt something slipping down the side of my face.W-Why is it not blurring anymore...No...This can't be true...Tears continued to escape my eyes as I curled into a ball,flashes of memories with her came back into my head.

I still remember the first time I met her.

"What's going on?!" A feminine voice shouted out, catching their attentions.

I turned my head to the best of my abilities to look towards the voice. My eyes widened at the goddess in front of me. She wasn't like any student I had never seen before.

Her knee length black hair fluttered behind her as one of her knee was on the floor with both hands holding the ground like she had just landed from jumping from a high floor.

~~~~

The time when she extended her hand towards me.

"Ryuu, do you want to come with me?"Ray asked, sending the silence away.

"What do you mean by go with you?" I asked, restraining myself from agreeing without thinking.

"Judging by the way you reacted about to my question about your parents, they are not with you anymore."Ray stated

I looked at my lap. My hair shading my eyes as I told her"They abandoned me..Since they didn't have enough money to support 3 people.."

"Then why don't you come with me? I alone as well and as you can tell from just now Tatsuya's reaction, I'm trying something new in Japan.I'm the boss of the largest Mafia group in Japan and I need a right-hand man, will you be my right-hand man?" she asked with her hand held out to Me.

Curtains flutters as sunlight escaped into the room, shining onto her making her look like a real goddess. With tear streaming down my face. I slowly grasped her hand, softly tugging it to place our hand on my heart as I cried. 

I suddenly felt weight on the side of the bed shift as she hugged me. 

"I'm here now...You're alone now, you'll have a family by your side , I'll be your family now. Let it out, It's been hard holding it in haven't it?"- she says,petting my head to give me a sense of comfort which worked. 

I cried and wailed as I pulled her closer by wrapping my arms around her waist. I buried my face into her shoulder to muffle the whimpers. She did nothing to stop me as she just continues to pat me on the head.

~~~~

That time went she broke down in tears.

I just arrived home from night patrols, deciding to take a quick shower before going to sleep I quickly gathered my things and walked towards the shower area. 

As I walked down the hallway, I hear someone crying softly. I froze and quietly followed the sound.The crying got louder and louder as I continued down the hallway passing the shower area, before I knew it I was standing in front of Ray's room. Worried, I knocked on her room door and the crying stopped abruptly.

30 second later, she opens the door. Her hair slightly messy  and her beautiful eyes are red and puffy. As her eyes made eye-contact with me, her eyes widened and her mouth twitched into her fake smile.

"Hey Ryuu? Just got back from night patrols I see. You need anything from little old me?" She asked but I kept quiet.

In an instant I quickly pushed her into the room as I embraced her. Shocked and unsure, her hands fell to her side. 

"W-what's wrong Ryuu?"

I lifted one of my hands to pet her hair while the other one dropped to wrap around her waist.I gently pushed her head to my chest as I said

"Don't hide those emotions from me please..I'm here for you, I'll be the pillar you lean on , I'll be the pillow you cry into, I'll be the knight that protect you. So please don't hide your sadness from me."

Whimpers escapes her mouth, her hands wrapped around my back like she's afraid I might disappear. Tears started to stain my shirt but I didn't care, right now the strongest woman I've ever known is at her most vulnerable state and I'll give up everything and anything I can to stop her sadness.

"I-it's not fair...It's not fair if you say it like that Ryuu..."

"I know"

"why do they hate me?"

"Because they can't see what we,what I see"

"Why did they hurt me?"

"Because they know you're stronger than them"

"It hurts"

"I'll ease it"

"I hate it"

"I'll get rid of it"

"I want you to stay"

"I'll never leave"

"Do you promise?"

"I promise"

"Do you promise not to abandon me?"

"I promise

~~~~

'How am I going to keep my promise if you're just going to give up like that, Love' I thought as tears continue to drip down my face.

I'll be back for you love.

After all, we promised.