Jessie Myers

That deathly glare, it would haunt you forever. But she didn't mind, considering it was her friend's stare. Anyways, Jessie's the one who ruined her friend's birthday cake. Obviously, Clara was mad at Jessie. It was Clara's 21st birthday yesterday, and Jessie left the cake in the oven to long.  

"Let's take a walk in the park, come on Clara I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to burn the cake", Jessie spoke softly. Clara was very upset because she promised her dead grandmother years ago, that she would bake this cake for her 21st birthday. "I know Jess, I'm just mad at myself. Not you, it was a dumb mistake." Jessie was very kind and considerable, so she hugged Clara. "I understand but don't blame yourself. It's all right your grandma will forgive from up there." They hugged there in the park until Clara had to leave. 

Jessie put her golden hair into a ponytail while she took out her book. She put her backpack onto the bench, as she took out her camera. Jessie thought a picture of the bench would be pretty. She would use it as a bookmark for her favorite book. She snapped a picture on her polaroid camera, as she waited impatiently for the picture to form. The picture was perfect except for the little blur of someone passing by in the background. Before she could take another one, her phone rang. It was her sister, Mia. 

"Hey, Jess. I have an emergency at my house. I tripped and I think I might have broken my leg or something. Can you come over?" Jessie packed her backpack, "Sure thing, I'll be there soon." She packed her phone into the side of her bag. Her book slipped off the bench and rolled down the hill. "Come on, dang it", she whispered to herself.  She ran down the hill to get the book. 

If she would have tied her shoes, Jessie could've been safe. Jessie ran down the hill, but her shoelaces made her slip. She fell into the frigid waters of the river below. 

The ambulance sirens overpowered the laughter of children. The ambulance was carrying a body. Someone's fate must have been unlucky. The paramedics carried the body with a look of despair on their pale faces. They walked with no sympathy as the park ranger kicked everyone out of the park. 

It only happens in movies, where the person somehow comes back to life. But in this case of reality, Jessie was pronounced dead. There was no visit to her sister's house. Instead, she fell into the river. There she drowned, as the current pushed her under. Causing the slit on her throat, from the sharp rocks. 

No tissues would be enough to stop Jessie's mother, Ericka, to stop crying. Her father stood beside her cold body and slipped a few tears. "Mark, can the doctors save her? Do something, Carter. You are an intern or whatever, do something", Ericka yelled at her father, Mark, and then the poor intern. 

Doctor Frender walked into the room, staring Ericka dead in the eyes. "I'm sorry, Mrs. Myers. We did everything we could. It's hard for me to say that Jessie Myers is dead." Those words bled into Ericka's head, "Jessie Myers is dead".  The words replayed in her head, over and over. She fell to the floor on her knees, grabbing Jessie's blue hand. "Don't do this to me, you can't take her away from me." She sobbed on the floor for hours, until Mark had to carry her to the car. 

"Jessie Myers was a young 22-year old. She was an executive producer of her sister Mia's famous podcasts and films. Her smile would leave you speechless. She would do anything for her family and friends. She was engaged to her fiance, Ricky. She will be buried with her ring on.  She would never leave the room until everyone had smiles on their faces. Her twin sister, Mia will carry on her legacy. She will be greatly missed, as her soul lives inside you." Mark Myers read the words with a tear rolling down his cheek. He was practicing for the funeral in the upcoming days. 

Ericka Myers, Mia Myers, and Mark Myers stood in the dark hallway. They waited for the chief of police, Sam Finald. They wanted him to run up and say everything is okay. But it was certainly not okay. The Myers had just lost their beloved daughter. Mia lost her other half. Ricky had just lost his fiance. Clara had lost her best friend. 

The words still replayed in her head, "Jessie Myers is dead". Ericka had put her fake smile on and took a deep breath. "Everything is okay". That's the words she replayed in her head now. 

"Everything is okay". 

Riverside Benchजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें