Never Over

The bullet sped into the crowd. The man in the hood shot right at Alan. But the bullet didn't hit Alan, it hit the wall. It made a huge hole into the wall. Then, the man ran away. With no one chasing him, only the shivers of fear where heard. The people in the hospital all crouched on the floor, their hands dug into their lap. 

Elliot Seeker though was on the ground. The bullet grazed his shoulder. Elliot winced in pain and fear. Alan couldn't open his mouth, he was so scared. But Alan forced himself to scream out, "Help, he's bleeding." The nurses rushed over to take him into a room. 

Alan stayed down after finding out who Amelia was, he was still terrified. Knowing someone was out there, trying to take people's lives. Alan didn't want to live in fear, but he knew that he was a target. He knew he needed to cautious. To not trust anyone. He needed to be more aware of the case, not his problems. The case took a huge toll on his life. 

Hours later................

The time ticked on, and on. It seemed to go so slow, yet so fast. Alan opened his eyes to find it was dark outside. He must have been in the hospital for hours. He made his way out of his seat to the front desk. "Can I see Elliot Seeker and Clara Seeker?" The front desk lady stared him down, "Sorry, but Clara Seeker passed away two hours ago. She had a sudden seizure." Alan closed his eyes, took a deep breath, opened his eyes again. But this wasn't a dream, it was a reality. "Sir, excuse me, Elliot Seeker has just woken up." Alan rushed to Elliot's room in tears. Before he went in, he saw Elliot crying. Alan walked away. "Wait! You saved me. Please come here." Elliot shouted through his cries.

Alan sat on the bed, "I take it you got the news about Clara." Elliot nodded in tears. "I just feel so guilty. She's gone, but I survived." Alan tapped him on the shoulder, "It's not your fault." Elliot nodded, "I have been lying to myself for days. When the doctor told me she has just weeks left to live. I have been constantly telling myself she will be fine. Now how can I sleep tonight? She's gone." Alan solemnly nodded, "The heart feels heavy like it's been pulled down by the guilt. That's because when they left, we got left behind. All alone with no one to help us." Elliot stared at the ceiling, "That's exactly how I feel. What happened to your wife?" Alan stared at the picture in his wallet, "Things just happen sometimes that are out of our control." Alan silently walked out of the room. He walked quietly to the Intensive Care Unit. Through the door, he saw her. Amelia. Her pale face. But somehow she looked peaceful, not evil. 

                   ...................................................................................................

Calim grabbed the flash drive. He plugged it into the library computer. The hospital was just an excuse to check in on Clara and Amelia. He dug into his backpack. The pill container rattled. He hadn't taken the prescribed pills for years. But he messed up, big time. It was time for a change. Because of him, Clara died. His own daughter, now his other daughter is in the hospital fighting for her life. All because of their own dad. He chugged down the pill. While he put the container back into his bag, Sam Finald stood behind him and handcuffed him. 

Was it ever over?