Fire at Heart

It spread throughout the hallways. It's a mighty roar. The sparkling orange glow covering the walls. 

The first to notice the fire was Sam Finald. He located the fire using the scream of the smoke detector. The flames grew taller with each rising second. It growled at Sam Finald like a hungry beast. He was scared until he heard the scream of someone. His police instincts made run into the fiery path and go towards the scream. 

Outside, sirens surrounded the station. Alan ran over to Vice Chief Calim, "What happened? Where's Sam?" Calim's flushed face turned red, "He's still inside." Alan raised his eyebrows, "I'm going in." Calim grabbed Alan's arm, "Wait. Be careful, the fire is really bad." 

Alan ran inside, snuck past the firemen. He covered his face as a burst of heat threw him to the ground. The ceiling pieces crumbled to the ground. Alan had to admit that he was terrified. But he climbed over the rubble and ran through the heat. Then he got to the hallway, the flames rose to the ceiling. Alan took off his jacket and unbuttoned his shirt. It was probably over a hundred degrees. He stared into the flames, the fire reflecting into his eyes. Then, with much doubt, he ran into the flames. 

The screams grew louder as he ran through the hallway. The fire inches away from him. The air was heavy, he coughed up the smoke. "Help." A voice screamed. Then Alan saw them. Clara Seeker laying on the ground and Sam Finald holding her head up. "She's unconscious. Please get help, this fire will devour all of us." Sam Finald screamed. Alan ran back through the flames. He looked for the doors. But all he saw was rubble. Rubble covered the door. He tried to breathe. Alan looked for the emergency exit doors. He ran through the meeting room. Papers burned, chairs and desks flipped over. The emergency doors flashed. Finally, in front of him stood the doors. Then as he opened the door, a piece of the ceiling fell on his leg. He screamed in pain.  "Help." No one heard him. He tried pushing his leg out of the wood. But it wouldn't budge. He put his head down, "I'm going to die." He could barely breathe. The station would burn down. He closed his eyes and prayed. Suddenly, his prayers were answered. He noticed a fire extinguisher on the floor. He reached out his hands toward it. His fingers grabbed it. He used it to lift the wood just enough to slide his leg out. 

Sweet freedom. Alan took a big gulp of fresh air. Then he ran to get help. Smoke covered his face, as he limped back to the firefighters. 

The firefighters ran inside. Then, ten minutes later. They ran out. With Sam Finald and Clara Seeker. They were both unconscious and had oxygen masks covering their smoke covered faces. Alan watched in tears as the station burned down. He could've died. The killer is still out there. The fire must have been started by the killer. 

.......................................................................................................................

Amelia curled up into a corner and sobbed. "Get up, Amelia." He yelled. "Please. I can't do this anymore." She sobbed. He crossed his arms, "I raised you, Amelia. How dare you!" She cried, "Please I almost killed someone." He grabbed her arm, "You do what I say. When I'm done with you, I'll let you know. Leave now." She resisted his words, "I almost killed Clara. She was there. And she saw me. Clara got hurt." His eyes widened with sympathy, "Please go."