Secret

"I can't. They are family. We've caused people enough pain. Please leave me alone." Amelia begged. He bit his lip, "You got yourself into this mess. Until everyone I want to go is dead, you will be my loyal apprentice." She nodded with tears lingering onto her eyes. 

It was time. Amelia knew that the Myers were innocent people. Not to him. They were monsters in his eyes, he'd wanted them dead for a long time. Ever since he got out of his two-year sentence in prison. He lost everything, he blames the Myers. 

...........................................................................................

Sam hung up another missing poster onto the board. Alan stared at the paper, "Calim's missing. That's pretty suspicious. He's related to the Myers." Sam pointed for Alan to explore his office. Calim's office was clean except for the little clutter of boxes in the corner. He opened drawers, went through his desk. Nothing at all to tell them where he could be. Strange he thought. His daughters in the hospital and he's not with her. Anyways, he went through the clutter of boxes. He found a few files. He looked through each one. Then, he moved the boxes. He found an astonishing discovery. A secret door behind the boxes, a key in the knob. It was key with a phone number on it, or a serial number. 

"Hey, Sam run a background report on this key's serial number. I think I have just uncovered Calim's secret." 

...........................................................................................

Ericka Myers, a kind businesswoman. Her parents and her little brother passed away in a home fire, while she was in college. She then made a vow to her family that she'd have a family, and that she would become successful for them. But when her children died, she felt unaccomplished. A failure to her husband, to herself, to her parents, and her brother. 

Mark Myers story is different. His parents left him and his brother in foster care. His brother was his family, they were always there for each other. Even though his brother was three years older, they felt like twins. They both even got adopted into the Myers family. He took on their name. His brother felt taking the name would abuse their birth parents. When Mark Myers's parents passed away in a car crash, only Mark's name was in the will. His brother got mad and ran away. Mark hadn't seen him since. Clara and Amelia met Mark once and hung out with Jessie. But his brother had never even dropped them off, only his wife. 

Amelia tiptoed through the birch door. She snuck through the living room until she found the stairs. Somehow, she remembered their house. After Jessie and Mia moved out, Amelia had never visited them anymore. Clara and Amelia had always been best friends with Jessie. But she never meant what happened to Mia- or Jessie. 

Jessie's room was still there. The yellow walls, with floral stickers covering the room. On the other side of the jack and jill room was Mia's room. Her room was a teal pastel with soccer stickers all across the room. Amelia sat on Mia's bed. She cried softly, then Ericka walked into the room. "Oh my, Amelia. Good to see you. Are you alright?" She rubbed the tears of her face, "I'm sorry." Ericka hugged her, "You have nothing to be sorry for. I miss them too. But Alan Brender, Jess's friend is looking for the killer." Amelia hugged Ericka, "I'm sorry I haven't visited. It's just too painful, and ever since my mom died. My dad, he's changed." 

Ericka's soothing voice overpowered his instructions. "We have all experienced pain. Your mom, Jess, and Mia did not deserve this. No one does. But I learned that sometimes things happen, that there are bad people out there. Criminals. I grieve the twins every day. I didn't move on I just simply accepted the fact that they are gone. I miss them, so much. I'd do anything for them to come back. But grief works in a funny way, It makes you realize how lucky we are and how special each person is." 

The key was from a closed factory. But the door was there always, it turns out it was used as an emergency door a while back. They just had to figure out what Calim is using the door for. 

Amelia left the house she didn't kill Ericka or Mark. But she didn't go back to him. She went to the river. Where it all started.