Poor Amelia

"What do you think about Calim. Do you think he's missing? Or is he just connected with the killer?" Alan walked back and forth across Sam's office. 

Sam calmed Alan down. "Listen, we can't do anything but wait." Alan grew with anger, "Wait! Wait until someone else gets killed." 

Sam patiently tapped Alan on the shoulder. "No. Until you figure things out."

 Alan sat down. "What do you mean by, 'figure things out'. I'm perfectly fine." 

Sam raised his eyebrow. "Really? You were in the hospital, with a concussion. We have to figure out who did that to you. Please realize that we are deep into the case. Anything that happens must be taken into observation." 

Alan sighed, "I understand. I just want this to be over." Sam nodded, "Me as well." 

Amelia her eyes sore. She had stayed up all night just make sure he doesn't find her. If people knew how scared she was, then everything would be different. Maybe, just maybe, someone would save her from this never-ending nightmare. Who knew this is what guilt could do to a person. Her heart ached because all she wanted to do was see her sister. 

She felt like nobody has her back. Which is true. Amelia is a monster. A guilty cold-hearted monster, at least that's what she thinks. That's what it seems like. 

The water was beautiful. Sparkling and shining against Amelia's face. She had lost faith in herself. What if she just left? For good? Then maybe she'd be safe. If she just jumped into the river, would anybody save her? No one saved Jessie. She didn't, she just watched in tears. Crying never helps. Amelia dipped her feet into the water, she stared at her reflection. All she saw was a scarred face, a ruined heart, and a lost soul. 

Then, she reached her hand into the water. She closed her eyes and just took a deep breath. Her reflection showed another face. It was him, he found her. He grabbed her hand, "You betrayed me." She cried, "I'm sorry. I couldn't do it." 

"I don't care if you couldn't do it. Each action has a consequence. Lately, your consequences have been building up. I know that Alan Brender is still alive. You are a brat. Should've just done what I said. Won't be able to save people after what I do."

He moved closer to her. Her foot almost dangled off the edge. He turned her face towards the water. Then, he pushed her in.                    

                                     ..........................................................................................       

 Alan sat down on his porch. Calvin sat down next to him. "Dad, do you know who hit you on the head?" Alan tapped Calvin's shoulder. "Sorry, kiddo. I don't know. But hopefully, my memory will come back one day. We'll see bud." Calvin nodded. Alan's walkie talkie blared, "We have a code 1. I repeat code 1. Body found. Requesting officer and detective backup." Alan's face grew with worry. He wasn't an official detective yet, but Sam trusted him. "Calvin, go inside. I'll be right back. I promise." Alan put his mouth to the walkie talkie, "10-4."        

Alan rushed to the scene.