Last Breath

"What happened?" Alan asked as he hastily ran around to find the incident. 

"Some kid saw a body floating in the river. It's a woman, she looks young. We are trying to I.D her. Take a look at the picture of her we found on her phone." The police officer showed Alan a picture.

He took a closer look at the picture. He noticed something. It was a woman he felt he knew. Then, a cold rush of blood rushed through his veins. His memory sparked. He remembered her face as she held a baseball bat. "I know her. I remember. She hit me unconscious." The officers rushed over to him. "Do you know her name?" 

Alan froze in shock. He took gasps of breaths. He had forgotten how to breathe. The officer woke him up from his shock. "I- I think her name is Amelia." He had a sudden memory jog. Then, he remembered something Jessie had said.

"Alan, you know my dad's brother doesn't visit. I've never seen him. But today only Clara came. But, my other cousin Amelia didn't show up. It's strange. I hope her dad is still letting her visit. She's an adult but her dad is overprotective. I don't know what's his deal, my dad said that he has always been very timid." Jessie's voice went on in Alan's mind. After weeks, Alan heard Jessie's voice. He remembered the way that she always had a soft tone. Amelia was Jessie's cousin. Another Myers' down. 

The Myers were like walking targets for the killer. Alan still didn't understand why the killer is going after the Myers. They seem innocent. They are innocent, sweet, and pure of love. None of them deserved this. 

                        ................................................................................................................

His brown boots clasped as he stomped around the Myers' house.  He had never been there before. His brother had always tried to call him, to come to see him. To apologize, to explain. He never gave Mark a chance to explain. That's because there's more to his madness then the will. 

His fingers followed the family pictures. He looked at Jessie's and Mia's pictures. They looked like Mark. He realized the pain he caused Mark over the years. He is mad, insane. Sitting in that dark room every day causes the flow of insanity. He just wants things to go his way, but no matter what they don't. He carries the crazy guilt around, but he doesn't even realize it. He doesn't even realize the pain he's caused everyone, the pain he causes himself. He is crazy, absolutely crazy. 

Mark walked up the wood stairs, they creaked. He sat on Mark's bed waiting. Mark walked into his room. He jumped back. "Calim." 

He didn't make any facial expressions. Only the slight smirk that he makes when he is plotting something. 

"What are you doing here?" 

"I came."

"I never asked you to come. What's your problem? You abandoned me." 

"I'm here."

Mark stepped back, "You are sick. What's wrong with you?" 

"I arrived at the perfect timing." 

Mark ached in mixed emotions and fear. His brother had always been sick, mentally insane. That's why his adopted parents took him out of the will. He killed their dog, then the cat. Broke the car. He was supposed to go to the mental hospital for therapy, but then he left. with no traces of how to find him. His brother was dangerous.  "You need help, I'm serious." 

"Don't ruin my moment. I have waited timeless years for this meeting."

"What a fool I am to wait for you. You would think that my brother would love me and never leave me. I was wrong, you are pathetic. Calim you need to leave."

Calim stepped forward, "I am not leaving until I get what I want." 

Mark stepped farther back, "Money. Is that what you want? Is it?"

"No, something more sophisticated. I want a distinctive thing you have."

Mark walked out of his bedroom, "What is it? Leave me alone."

"Give me our birth father's watch." 

"Tell me why, Calim." 

"No reason, dear brother."

Mark handed the watch to him. "You are a maniac, you know that right?"

"I'm leaving now. Don't look for me." 

                        ...........................................................................

Alan sat in the hospital. Trying to find out if Clara is alive. If Amelia is alive. If Calim checked into the hospital. 

"Alan Brender." A lady called him up. "I am looking for Clara Seeker, Amelia Myers, and to see if Calim Myers has checked in." The lady at the front desk looks flustered as she flipped through records, files, and papers. "Clara Seeker is in the intensive care unit, no visitors allowed there. Same with Amelia Myers. Calim Myers seems to have not checked in at all." As Alan was about to say thank you, the lady loudly yelled something out. "Wait! I found something. Elliot Seeker, Clara's husband is sitting in the waiting room just over there." Alan nodded and thanked her. 

He noticed a young man, black hair. A beard covering half his neck. He wore a business suit as he had just gotten out of work or something.  "Excuse me, Mr. Seeker." He looked up from his book, "Yes, and who might you be", he shook hands with Alan. "I am Alan Brender. I work as a part-time detective. I am working of the Myers case. I know Clara and just wanted to ask a few questions." Elliot Seeker sat up in his seat, his eyebrows lifted, "What do you need to know about my wife?" Alan sat down in the uncomfortable hospital chair. 

"Do you know Amelia Myers?"

Elliot's face turned red. "Oh, yes. The doctors told me she's in surgery now, but they don't know if she'll make it." 

"Thank you, sir." 

Alan and Elliot's conversation was quickly cut off by an armed man shooting in all directions. 

"Get down!" The man yelled. "I just want to use computers." 

The man's face was blocked by a hood. He ran to use the computer. He plugged in a flash drive. Threw a golden watch into the hallway. It crashed into a thousand tiny pieces. Glass flew across the hallway. Frantic patients and doctors ran to hide in the rooms. Alan and Elliot hid behind the chairs. 

He printed something out and ran out of the building. But before he ran out of the building, a shot fired right into Alan.