The Marchioness Part 2

Rosaline brings the flowers she picked out to the carriage. The flowers she chose is called the 'Queen of night' tulips which she hoped her mother will be satisfied with. Rosaline sits the flowers on the seats, pleased that her mother isn't here yet. A distant growl agony makes Rosaline flinch.. What was that? Rosaline wonders if it's s victim of the Glasseater. She has barely been here for long and some of the commoners are in such desperate need. She hears it again. A pit of guilt grows in her stomach. She just wants to bolt and see if she can help but she doesn't want her mother to be angry if she's late. She hears the sound again. Thats it, she thinks. She's gonna see what or who that sound is coming from.

Rosaline walks cautiously to the cry of help. Rosaline finds herself at the start of the woods that ends the marketplace still running and gasping to get enough sips of air to make it. Rosaline slows down as she approaches a male around Rosalines age is dangling from a white horse and his clothes are in ruins.
"Are you okay?" Rosaline asks slowly approaching the horse and the boy. His cheek was covered in blood, of course he's not alright but the sight made Rosaline very stunned as she has never been in this situation before.
"Who said that?" He looks around still gripping the horse tightly. He looks past Rosaline.
"Sir, please let me help." Rosaline steps lightly stroked the horse admiring the beautiful stallion. She can hear hi breathing very heavily, he is terrified- in shock even. Rosaline guides the horse to her carriage and gets a bucket filled with water near them both.
"Are we in a dark room?" The male still gripping the horse asks.
"I'm sorry?"- Rosaline says confused -"We are in daylight." The male brings his hands to his eyes.
"Did she... curse me?" He says softly. Rosaline doesn't understand what he means but she's smart enough to understand that he must be blind. She helps him down the horse and guides him to drink some water from the bucket.
"Thank you. I'm sorry I think I'm just still in shock." His emerald green eyes look lifeless starring into the bucket.
"What's your name?" Rosaline softly asks.
"Yes pardon me, I'm Elliot Stream. Who do I owe my thanks to?"
"Rosaline Thorn."
"Thorn?"- Elliot thinks of how similar the surname sounds then his eyes widened -"Marchioness. My lady." He tries to bow but only his head bobs down.
"No, don't worry about it "- Rosaline stops him -"What happened?" Elliot sighs and Rosaline knows it's gonna be a long tale. "Wait"- Rosaline freezes -"My Mother will be coming soon. Come on I'll sneak you on the carriage."
"Sneak me on? No you couldn't, you would get into trouble."
"It's not like you can find your way home." Elliot sighs in defeat because he knows she has a point.
"Okay." She helps guide him to the small room the carriage is attached to. She opens the door for him helping him up the step and sitting him on the seat.
"I'm sorry but there is no way your horse can join us discreetly." Rosaline explained.
"Don't worry. Lucinda is a smart horse, she'll know to follow." Elliot says stiffly. He must still be in shock.
"Okay. Whatever you do, do not make a sound and wait until i get you out."
"Are there any windows?" Elliot questions.
"No. I'll see you when we arrive to my house." Rosaline creeps out and shuts the door. Rosaline thinks over what she just did. Did i really just sneak someone onto my carriage? Pressing a hand to her heart she feels it race. Mother must never find out.

When Marilyn arrived Rosaline stayed silent the whole ride back. Marilyn didn't even thank her for he flowers, when the carriage stopped she just picked them up and left to put them in her vase. Rosaline waited until the Coach and Marilyn where far enough from sight. Rosaline exists the carriage and is surprised to find Elliot's horse. Rosaline opens the door.
"Okay, the coast is clear." Rosaline holds onto Elliots shoulder leading the way into the stables where Marilyn never goes. Rosaline doesn't worry about the maids coming out there because they are probably helping the newcomer...

In one of the free stables, Rosaline sets up a water bucket, new clothes and food she could sneak out.
"I don't deserve your kindness." Elliot starts choking up feeling his eyes burn. Rosaline was stunned at first because she has never seen a boy cry, especially one that's 18.
"You can repay me by telling me what happened."
"Of course"- his tears stop falling. He takes a deep breath and tugs onto the coat Rosaline gave him -"Well, i guess this story starts on my 15th birthday when i was officially allowed to ride anywhere I wanted so i went on a trip into the forest. I was confident until I couldn't find my way back home. I found a river that i stayed the night next to and in the morning i thought i saw an angel flying down but it was swan. And i know this is gonna sound crazy but it was like the swan was showing me the way, it lead me to the tallest tower i had ever seen."
"A tower? In a middle of nowhere? Sounds like a dream place for introverts." Rosaline interrupts.
"Once i found the tower"- Elliot proceeds -"The swan disappeared. I entered in the door way which had an endless amount of stairs. When i reached the top thats when"- Elliots voice tenses up a bit -"that's when i met Cecilia. The girl who lives there. Well, trapped there."
"Trapped? Can't be that hard to walk down a bunch of stairs" Rosaline again interrupts knowing it's unladylike.
"Yes, i was confused too. She told me that she was born with a terrible illness which would of taken her life so her mother gave her water from a spirit world which let her to live and be healthy. However that type of magic came with a price, she can't leave her tower alive." Rosaline lets that sink in thinking about how suffocating that would be. "We talked until i left and found my way home. Every time her mother left i came to visit her til present time. We both really care dearly for each other and she longed to see a flower for the first time so before going up the tower i went into her mothers garden. When i cut one of the roses I-I"- His hand reaches his throat-"I couldn't breathe. I fell onto the floor gasping for air. Then my vision went all blurry but I remember seeing a bald woman with purple eyes grab my throat. That's Cecilias mother. Cecilia warned me that she was a bit twisted but i never thought she could curse someone to be blind." Elliots voice falters.

Rosaline picks up his hand and fills it with bread.
"Her own mother?"- Rosaline tries to imagine her mother to that to her -"You better eat and rest up. I will see you tomorrow." Rosaline reassures. Elliot lays down getting comfortable next to Lucinda who is already sleeping.

When Rosaline tucked herself into bed she couldn't stop thinking. The Glasseater, curses and people with poor clothes. Are the king or queen doing anything? What is this kingdom becoming.

Rosaline got up early that morning to help her mother choose a dress for a Duchesses high tea. The maids help Marilyn with the corset and makeup then leave her with Rosaline to paint her lips.
"Mother, there's something i have been wanting to ask you." Rosaline finishes painting her mothers lips so now they are both looking in the mirror. Rosaline is taller than her mother and her face is more oval shaped unlike Marilyns long face but they both share very dark straight hair.
"Get on with it, child." Marilyn snaps checking if she's satisfied with her painted lips.
"As you know I'm pretty well with sewing and making clothes" Marilyn stares at her daughters reflection waiting for her to continue. Rosaline sighs getting rid of the sick feeling she's getting in her stomach. "May i open up a shop of my own to sell my own handmade creations." Rosaline mumbles. Marilyn turns to look at Rosaline.
"You disgusting child. You can't be serious?"- Marilyn sneers -"A Marchioness doesn't need to worry about making money. You would be treated as a commoner! You would never survive."
"Survive?" Rosaline inquires.
"You have been spoon fed your whole life. You could be a queen but you choose to have a peasants job!" Marilyn roars at her daughter and sits on her bed sick to her stomach. "I gave you everything I wanted, yet it wasn't enough! You selfish girl. Leave my room. Seeing you makes me want to emesis." Her voice was dripping with venom and disgust which felt like a punch to Rosaline. Without a second later she sprints out the door. Survive? Rosaline thinks, i know how to survive because i had to deal with you my whole life.

She would never run in front of her mother because its 'unladylike' but Rosaline didn't care anymore. She's sick of waiting for her dream, putting up with 'proper speech', 'Straight posture', 'No snarky comments' Marilyn was stripping Rosaline from her identity and personality. She has to prove her mother that she can handle not being a Marchioness. Then maybe she would finally believe her.