Bitter Swan Part 2

Killian had gone back into a spare room in the house. He didn't really get the point since he can't sleep but decided he needed that space away from Astra and Rosaline who are trying their hardest to find information in the books. Killian, slumped against a wall sitting he thinks about what Astra did for him, which makes a pit of guilt grow in his stomach. He used to be trapped in that exact same mirror. Now she has to experience his misery.

From the creaky old windows you could see that the sky is dark. Everyone must be sleeping now, Killian thought inspecting his hands. He tried to bring back that feeling he got when he touched the book. It was like water rushing down his palms which felt so soothing and earning, how he missed sneaking out of the palace to go swim. A slight smile grows on his face. He came to realisation, he has the whole night to spend to do whatever he wants. And that's exactly what he's gonna do.

Right near the cottage theres a bunch of rocks and ridges around the guidelines of a river. Using the light of the moonlight Killian made his way to the river wanting to swim. Killian always found swimming as an escape from his womanizer of a father and selfish mother. The only family member he was ever close to was his mothers stepsister, Aunt Amelia. She was always so gentle and kind even if she was a bit clumsy. But she's gone now. He wonders if his mother even shed tears. He doubts it. Killians mother tried her best to make her stepsisters life a living hell.

After taking off his shoes, socks and shirt he climbs down a rock letting the water hit his feet. The river is only up to his ankles and it already feels so soothing. To get in deeper he approaches another rock in front of him, from the rock forward the water was deep. Killian prepares himself to get in the river completely but quickly hesitates and hides behind a rock when he sees a girl. The sight was so unexpected that he lost his grip and fell into the deeper end of the river causing a satisfying splash.

Killian bobs his head up from the water not expecting to come face to face with the girl. Killian, speechless holds onto a rock as the girl gasps and whips around facing her back to him. Killian moves the wet hair from his face, replaying what he just saw. A girl with the palest skin he's ever seen, with big brown eyes and brown hair that formed perfect ringlets. I know that face, Killian positions himself comfortably beside the rock.

"I recognize you,"- Killian says with his eyes wides then licks his dry lips. -"You're the entertainer, from the palace." Killians says remembering as the girl who performed ballet in courts and in balls. He could never forget about how beautiful and unusual her milky skin was. Killian could see the girl sag a bit, hunched over with her arms folded.
"What's your name?" Killian asks approaching closer to her.
"Go away." Her voice is firm but delicate.
"What's your name?" He repeats and he hears a frustrated sigh escape her lips.
"It's Catherine, Catherine Rain." Killian has now stopped walking closer to her. Her? The last time he saw Catherine she was a swan with pearly white feathers and a beak. Killian couldn't help but wonder how a palace entertainer could get mixed up in this messed up situation. After a few seconds of quiet she speaks again but softer this time. "Can you please, just go."
Killian puts on his favourite smirk. "No, you see i can't do that. I came here to swim to clear my head. And my head is still clouded with so many words." Killian swims a bit closer so he's two steps away from her back. "Let's start over, a proper introduction. Person to person this time."
"No." The word was almost like a question. She sinks herself into the water a bit. "This morning you tried to kill me." At first he flinches at the memory, trying to replay it in his eyes. He starts to laugh a bit. She didn't understand what was so amusing.

"It's just interesting to me since I'm sure you know the story about my family name." Killian says, of course she knows. Everyone knows the tale about the hunters and the swans but he tells it anyway. "There was a group of hunters that were the best in the land, everyone asked them requests to collect for feasts, more specifically birds. They were asked to hunt pigeons, doves, ducks, goose, turkeys and so on. One day a very wealthy man asked the hunters for a special request. Obviously he asked for them to hunt a swan which took the hunters days. Some gave up, some thought it was hopeless. One by one they left until there were 2 hunters left. Them 2 were lucky enough to find a swan but one of them backed out because he thought it was too beautiful to murder. Unfortunately the other Hunter didn't feel the same way. The last hunter gave the rich man the dead swan and was given never ending gold. It's a strange little fairytale, don't you agree?" Killian waits a few seconds for a response, but it never came. "I'm sorry."- He bows his head down -"I'm sorry about this morning. This conversation would be a lot more interesting if i could see your face. Maybe, turn around?" His voice is kind but they make Catherine freeze still. He takes another step, rippling the water.
"I-i can't."- She says in defeat. "When i turn human i." She hesitates. "I don't have any clothes. That's why I'm in the water." Killian tries to stop the urge of looking at her. He felt guilty and wrong.
"Stay right there." He says starting to back away. "Or don't, i won't be mad either way." And he gets back onto the land, not bothering to put his shirt back on he goes to the cottage.

Catherine stayed in water which was starting to make her shiver. She crosses her arms tighter over her chest hoping that it will give her a bit of warmth. She could hear footsteps come slower which transitioned into the sound of walking through water.
"Here. Turn around." He's voice is soft and gentle, as if he was talking to a child. Turning around she made she to keep her body underwater. She sees him on the rock. His brown hair was still wet, his blue eyes were as blue as the river and Catherine could see from his shirtless body that he was healthy and toned. He was holding clothing but Catherine couldn't tell if it was a shirt or dress. Putting the clothes on the land he walks away so he isn't looking.

Catherine walks closer into the shallow part of river, her body emerging out of the water hitting the cold air. She picks up what KIllian left for her. A towel and a dress that looked too big for her form. She tried to be quick drying herself and then puts on the dress which was obviously a commoners rags.
"You done?" He asks, when she doesn't respond he turns to see her and immediately inspected her big eyes. "Want to come inside?" He offers and Catherine immediately shook her head and slowly started to walk away before saying "I want to enjoy being human longer." Killian comes in front of her stopping Catherine. His face didn't have his usual smug self but this time filled with curiosity and sympathy.
"How did it happen?" He asks gently again and at first all she did was avoid eye contact with him.
"By sunrise I'm a swan, by sunset i become human. I better not waste the hours i have." She brushes past him and he one again stops her.
"I get it, this situation sucks. But you aren't the only victim." When the words left his mouth Catherine then looked him right in the eyes.
"My body rebels against me, and turns into some feathered freak." Her voice is sharp and her eyes are full of fire. "Don't you tell me that you understand."
"Oh hoh, but i do." Is all he says before she walks off again. "Catherine," he sighs running a hand through is hair. "Where are you going?" He calls after her.
"I'm going on a walk." She murmurs only loud enough for him to hear.
"Don't you have something to say to me?" He raises his eyebrow and she stops.
"I'm going on a walk. You're highness." Her words are so venomous it makes him flinch.
"Actually, i was talking about the clothes." Killian says watching her figure slowly disappear.