ThunderShield

Summary: Steve and Thor get into an argument

Since Thor was the protector of the 9 realms of course he'd be away almost every day protecting them. But Steve felt like he had forgotten about him. He was never home and when he was he had to leave quickly again. As if he didn't want to be near him.

It just makes him wonder, you know? He's afraid that they're becoming distant and that he'll lose his boyfriend and best friend. Steve just wants to spend time with his boyfriend.

It was about midday when he heard the familiar voice boom throughout their house. "I'm home!" Steve smiled knowing his boyfriend was back, finally after so long.

"How was it?" He asked as Thor walked into the kitchen where Steve was. "It went really well actually. I had help from the Guardians so it went by pretty fast."

"But another realm needs me. I have to go. I'll be back soon babe." Thor spoke giving Steve a quick peck on the lips.

"You're leaving? Again? You just got back." Thor stopped in his tracks saying nothing while he saw the hurt expression on his boyfriends face. "You know I have to protect them Steve."

"I know, I get that, I do. It's just that you never have time for me anymore. You always forget about me and when you're home you have to leave so quickly just like you are now. I just want to spend time with you."

Thor didn't want to go, but it was his job to be there for people when they needed him, but I guess he got so caught up with his job, he forgot that the one person who needed him the most was standing right there in front of him.

"Are you actually going on missions? You're not just saying that to get away from me?" He shook his head,"No babe, of course not. I want to be here I really do but those people need me."

"And I need you Thor! I'm the one who needs you! Did you know I've been having nightmares about you?! About you getting hurt and not being able to return home to me! Of course you wouldn't cause you're never here!" Steve sobbed. He didn't mean to shout, but all those emotions just came out.

"You can't just spend one day with me? It's like you're not even trying to balance our life and your job." Thor came up to Steve using his thumb to wipe away his tears. "I want to spend time with you too but—"

"But it's your job yeah I know." Steve rolled his eyes. "I don't like this any more than you do! The least you can do is be supportive of my job! I worked so hard to get here and it doesn't help when you're bringing me down all the time and making me feel guilty!"

"I'm bringing you down?! Me?! I have always been so supportive of you and your job, if I wasn't we would've had this conversation a lot sooner! So don't you dare say I'm bringing you down when you know damn well I've always been supportive of you!" He cried. "Just go on your stupid mission, but don't expect me to be here when you come back. I wouldn't want to bring you down anymore." Steve left the kitchen and went to their room to pack a duffle bag.

"Where are you going?" Thor asked. "Somewhere. I'll just find a place to stay for a while." Steve pushed passed his boyfriend and walked outside. "With what car? You can't walk in this rain and our car is in the shop. You don't even know where you're going."

"Steve, I'm sorry I said what I said. I didn't mean it, I promise. I know I'm never here for you and I'm sorry. I didn't realize you felt like that." Steve stopped in his tracks.

Was he really about to throw away their relationship? After everything they've been through, was he going to walk away from it just because of 1 argument. He sighed then turned to face his boyfriend.

"I just missed you so much. You're never here anymore and you don't come back for days. I don't know what I'm supposed to think. I don't know if you're hurt or alive." Steve cried as Thor pulled him into a hug. "I'm sorry love. I truly am. I'll tell the Guardians to cover for me. I'm staying home. Let's just go inside. We're gonna get sick."

"You're staying?" Steve smiled when Thor nodded. "Let's just talk okay?" They smiled at each other before kissing passionately. "Okay."