ThorQuill

Summary: Thor doesn't know what 4th of July is

It was no doubt that Peter and Rocket were very excited for this holiday. A chance to blow stuff up. So they found an open place to land on Earth where they could light up some fireworks.

Quill was with Thor buying fireworks since he never really got to do anything on Earth besides Avengers stuff.

"So how can all those colors fit in that tiny box? It makes no sense." Thor spoke while eyeing one of the fireworks suspiciously. "It just does babe, do you want that one or not?" Peter asked.

"I will find out what you are." Thor threatened the inanimate object as he handed it to Peter so he can pay for all of them.

"You'll see more tonight." Peter spoke as they both got into the car. "There are more? Should I prepare for an invasion?" He asked and Quill chuckled. "No, these aren't alive. They won't hurt us."

Back at their ship Quill went to find a blanket so him and Thor could look at the fireworks from the top of their ship.

It was almost completely dark and Gamora, Drax, and Mantis were on top of the ship as well. Rocket and Groot said they would help with lighting the fireworks.

10 minutes after the first one went off they all started to light up the sky.

"I thought you said these are not alive?" Thor asked his boyfriend. "They aren't." He assured. "Then why are they screaming in pain. Are they hurt?"

"No they aren't hurt, that's just the sound they make. It's okay."

Peter laughed quietly to himself at his worried boyfriend. He was being too adorable and clueless. When one firework went off it sounded off a big boom which may have alarmed the God of Thunder.

"I told you there was an invasion." Thor spoke holding his hand out for his hammer. "I will get every last one of you." He spoke to himself. "Thor, put your hammer down. It's okay. Some fireworks are just bigger and louder than others. That was one of the big ones. Wanna see a little one?" Thor nodded.

The guardians got off their ship so Peter could show them smoke bombs, sparklers, and the ones where you throw them on the floor and they pop.

"Okay just watch." Peter spoke while lighting the smoke bomb.

"It's going to explode!" Thor exclaimed. "No just watch babe." They all watched it turn a green color as it spun on the floor. "See? That's it."

"I guess you are not one of them." Thor glared at the now put out firework while nudging it cautiously with Mjolnir.

"If it is not a bomb why is it in the name?" Quill laughed,"Thats just the name."

Then he handed them all sparklers. "Hold them from right here and don't touch them or let it get too close to your face." He and Rocket lit them up.

"Is it supposed to do this?" Gamora asked. "Yes, isn't it cool?"

When the sparkler Thor had burnt out, some of the sparks were still flying in the air. One happened to land on his arm.

He winced at the slight burning feeling,"I thought you said they will not hurt us. They are obviously attacking." Peter quickly assured that they weren't attacking he moved onto the next ones.

"These ones are simple. Just take one and throw them on the floor." Peter handed them all bags with the poppers. Rocket was the first to throw them towards Drax's feet.

Peter threw one at Thor's foot making him jump a little. "They are trying to hurt me." Peter handed him one,"Throw it on the floor."

When he did, he realized these were in fact apart of the alien invasion so he threw them all at once making a loud noise. "It would be more fun if you did them one by one. And before you ask they aren't invading us. It's just for fun. Here." Quill handed him his bag.

"Alright showtime people!" Rocket shouted. They all went back on the ship so they could see their fireworks. Thor put an arm around Quill as he put his head against Thor's shoulder. Then they rested their heads against each other's.

After the night was over Peter had to convince Thor that an invasion was not coming and stop him from calling Tony. Peter made sure to tell him that this was just once a year, that this was just for fun. That there was nothing to worry about.