Chapter 2

After eating lunch and brushing his teeth, Michael sat back on his bed and leaned against the wall.

He examined the book that Josh gave him with keen interest. The cover of the book was much more simpler than others.

The book's cover was an iridescent dark blue that appears to be colored black unless some light reflects on it.

On the front of the book, 'The Hero's Path' was printed in gold calligraphy.

It was twice as thick as a normal novel but thankfully, Michael was a fast reader.

Since the book looked decent enough, with a nod he opened and started to read the story.

Michael thought that the start of the novel was pretty good. The story was set in a fantasy world and the protagonist seems to be an orphaned boy who was destined to be the hero. The adventures that the boy went through, although cliche, was pretty reasonable for a fantasy novel.

Michael did get irritated at some parts, where the situation was too impossible and unreasonable even for a fantasy novel.

'Come on, it's only the start and the boy was still 14 yet he already managed to bring down an A-class monster really!?!!'

At the middle of the novel, Michael started getting a suspicious and bad feeling about the genre of the novel but he continued.

When Michael finally finished the story, his suspicions where proven.

His lips formed into a crooked line, and the expression on his face was very dark. Michael's eyes were narrowed and bloodlust mirrored over the orbs.

Gritting his teeth, Michael didn't care if some people were resting right now on the dorm rooms near him, all he wanted to do right now was........

"JOSHUA ALDER GARDES GET YOUR SHITTY SELF OVER HERE, RIGHT NOW!!!!!"

.......Knock that bastard's head with this book!

Michael's shout echoed throughout the whole dorm. Everyone was surprised by the loud noise but didn't complain since they were very familiar with the name yelled.

Josh was a known trouble maker. So someone yelling his name in anger, was quite normal in the dorm.

Michael's throat felt sore from his loud yell since he doesn't normally shout but that idiot Josh deserves it.

After 10 minutes of waiting, a sheepishly grinning Josh entered their dorm room. He was scratching the back of his neck and had the nerve to actually be looking like his holding back from exploding in laughter.

"So.....did you like it?"

A loud 'thud' was heard in the room and Josh was flat on the ground.

The thick book was thrown by Michael straight into Josh's face and ended up hitting the other man's nose and forehead.

On the floor, Josh was was able to sat up but was holding his bleeding nose. With a grieving expression he looked at Michael with the expression of being wronged.

Michael didn't buy it, for he know, that Josh knew how much he hated irrational harem novels and this one had a hundred wives!!

His temper flashed again and Micheal angrly walked towards their door.

"Shove that shitty book down your throat and repent!"

Michael cursed and with angry stomps left the room.

But as he was leaving he slipped.

Michael looked down while he was falling to see what had caused him to slipped and saw a small pebble as small as his pinky finger.....

'This situation is too ridiculous'

Was the last of his thought before he felt his head hit something hard and his body collapse on the cold floor.

His vision started to darken and before he slipped into unconscious he heard Josh scream his name.

---------------

On a majestic dark room within the Demon Palace, a man was sitting in a chair while having some papers in front of him, placed on top of an ebony table.

Then someone knocked on the grand door in front of him.

The man already knowing that there was a person approaching the room by using his skill [Area Detection] said to the person to let themself in.

A butler then entered the room and bowed towards the man before him. The butler looked about in his 50's with white hair and a small beard. He was wearing clothes fit for the head butler of a royalty.

People might have mistaken him for a human, if it weren't for the long goat horns sprouting from the butler's forehead.

"Your Highness, the subjects are ready for your presence in the throne room"

The man nodded and stood up from his chair.

"You may go now Alistar, I'll make my presence known later"

The demon butler, Alistar bowed again and left.

The man-.......no the demon within the room took his enourmous black cloak made from the feathers of the of the SS-Class magical beast [Reaper Raven] an enormous arial monster who's feathers are tough as [Alnium] Metal and has complete magic resistance. He also took and wore a black mask which covered his entire face. Unlike the cloak which can be labeled as a [Legendary Class] equipment, the mask was made from simple black wood painted with gold outlines.

His presence bring great fear to all creatures, he is the leader of all the monsters. Royal blood of ancient darkness flows through his vein. If the hero was the symbol of peace, then he was the symbol of chaos. His entire being was the embodiment of power and evil.

He released his spell [Aura Seal] and let his true presence and level of power be known.

Unlike humans who chose their leader base on their pedigree. Demons choose their leader through power. As the strongest creatures, demons are feared but as the strongest demon, the king is worshipped.

Its time for his audience and the king shall now bless his presence to his subjects.

With his presence pouring out of the room, the whole Demon Palace shivered in fear.

The [Demon King] is coming, bow down your heads and greet the Great Ruler of the Demon Realm.