Chapter 15

Standing in front of his King, Adeus tried to keep himself calm. Within the throne room the only people inside was his family, him, the Demon Butler Alistar, and his Highness.

The King was currently sitting in his throne observing his family and him through the holes of the mask he wore.

Eery red eyes glowed behind the wooden mask that paralysed his body.

His Highness was a being of unfathomable power and no one ever knew what he could be thinking of.

But it was a known fact that angering the King was a faith worse that death.

The only demons who were able to stand on the presence of the Demon King for a long amount of time were the Demon Butler and the Spacial Duke, Alec the Fallen.

He and his wife had just stood up base on the orders of his Highness. Both him and his wife are quite unsure how to handle this situation. At first before decided to meet up with the Demon King, he had told his wife that he would be the only one to come and plead mercy from their King but Marigold and their children didn't allow it and stubbornly refuse to allow him to go unless he brought them along too. Adeus very well know how stubborn his wife can be and unfortunately their children seemed to have inherited that trait.

So now they were waiting for their King's judgement.

'Highness must be mad considering the fact that he made Marigold restate the fault that Aden had made'

Adeus thought with great fear for his youngest son.

"I will only say this once and you better not question me again, your son have not committed a sin against me"

Adeus and his wife's eyes widen as they dared look at the Demon King. But the King only looked indifferent as he looked at them.

"Ahem, your Highness could you please let me know what is happening?"

The Demon Butler Alistar politely ask the King and his Highness shifted his blood red eyes towards the the butler.

"I was resting in my balcony when I saw a tiny figure walking towards the forest and got closer to inspect it but in the end it was just that child over there, the young one was casting a magic too complex for his age and failed miserably. To avoid a forest fire I had to erase the boy's magic"

The Demon King coldly said as he shifted his line of view towards Aden who was being comforted by his mother.

Seeing the Demon King's attention being set on him, poor Aden trembled as he steeled himself to not hide behind his mother.

Adues was confused by what their King had said. After all he remembered a rumor once that the King had a young man executed for the crime of looking at him in the eyes accidentally. Comparing that sin with what his son has done........ then his son is in extreme danger.

Adues is a man who is willing to do anything for his family, even if it meant facing the Demon King's wrath.

"So that's the case your Highness. Well then Duke Ignitius, you and your family are free to go now"

Alistar said after contemplating things. Alistar was a close subordinate of the Demon King so he knew the real personality of their King and thought nothing wad strange with the matter.

'Hah? It's over just like that?'

Was what the whole Ignitius family thought of at the same time.

So in a daze and akward silence the family left the Throne room.

They only managed to snap out of it when they finally reached the resting place they were given within the Demon Palace for their visit.

"Wait, did that just happen Adeus?"

Asked Marigold after she sent their children to their rooms to rest.

"Marigold i'm not sure either"

Adues was concerned with what had happen in the the Throne room. For this was the Demon King they were talking about, the most cruel and powerful in all the Demon Realm. Things can't be this simple.

Marigold looked at the serious and contemplating look at her husband and sighed then started thinking too.

Marigold unlike her husband, wasn't raised in the capital or Politically inclined places within the Demon Realm but was born and raised within the [Dragon Valley]. A place located between the borders of the Demon Realm and the Beast Realm, so she didn't know much about the Demon King and the Demon Realm til she married and moved in with Adeus.

She heard of all the rumors concerning the Demon King and truthfully she actually believed some of those rumors but deep in her she knows that not a single one of those rumors were proven. So she decided to flip her view of the Demon King right now upside down and just accept the fact that the Demon King might not actually be like what the rumors said.

She touched her husbands shoulder and urged him to rest as well for it had been a long day. Adeus reluctantly accepted the offer and they rested in their room.

But as Marigold let sleep take over her she thought about the strange feeling she felt when she accepted the fact that the Demon King couldn't be evil. She felt as if she was a marionette that had her strings cut off. Removed from a horrendous tragedy story that she didn't know she participated in.