Chapter 9

'What is that?'

Michael peered down the balcony to see whatever was moving in the forest ground.

The room he was in was the tallest room in all of the Demon King palace and the damn place was as tall and big as 4 malls stacked on top of each other.

So that thing, or person is too small for him to just squint to see. So he casted [Sight Enhance] a type of enhancement magic made to improve the senses.

Then immediately Michael's sight sharpened and he was able to zoom in like a camera to clearly see the thing or someone moving.

Getting a closer look, he was buffled to see a child.

The boy looked like he was about 10 years old and actually looked more human than monster.

The boy was quite adorable with round cheeks still with baby fat on them and he will definitely grow up to be quite handsome in the future. His hair was bright red and his eyes, the color molten gold. The boy's skin was slightly tanned and he was wearing red garments. The shoes were black but his pants, as well as coat were red.

The shirt underneath the coat was red and the coat itself was vibrant red with gold and silver linings making elaborate designs. His pants were a darker shade of red and looked quite dirty.

'The kid probably slipped or something'

Michael thought as he continued to observe the boy.

And what made the boy look inhuman was two white little horns were sprouting from his forehead, barely seen through his red hair.

The expression on the boys face was that of anger and a pout was also noticeable. His brows were knitted together in a glare as he continued to walk towards the forest and............oh God, the kid was going in the forest.

Michael body stood up straight, alerted of the possible danger the boy was in.

While it is said that humans, whether young or old dies if they enter the forest, the same cannot be said towards monsters. But it is still considered dangerous towards young ones.

So casting [Warp], Michael was able to make a violet misty portal appear in front of him and within the forest, near the boy.

It seems like the boy didn't notice the portal and continued walking with angry steps.

Micheal took the black feathered coat he had on earlier and wore it again along with the mask. According to the memories, the Demon King did not leave his room without the coat on and the wooden mask covering his face.

The Demon King's appearance was a mystery that plagued the castle and the world. Some say his quite decent looking, while most say that's his a hideous being and when Michael says most, that means 99% of all living being in this world.

So while greeting the two maids earlier, Michael had the mask on.

Looking at the Portal with great awe, Michael placed his hand inside and saw it come out of the second portal.

Michael was thankful that he was able to know and cast the spell the Demon King used to do. But even so, he knows he still need to practice to control his magic better.

With head held high, Michael walked towards the portal and appeared right into the forest.

Compare to the scene he saw on top of the balcony, the forest right now looked much more scary.

The damped earth below him felt soft, so Michael was careful to not slip. He then smelled a crisp smell of something burned and tried to look for the source. Only to see it came from the boy.

Blending with the shadows, Michael watched the boy, to see why did he smell like burned paper.

The boy stopped walking after a few minutes and inhaled deeply before letting out his breath.

"I promise today will be the day!"

The childish voice of the boy matched with the determination in his eyes made Michael chuckle inside his head. This was probably because his mother's love of children had rubbed off him.

The boy spread his hands and opened his palms. He evened his breath and closed his eyes and started chanting.

"Oh great flame of Velmir, lend me your flames to burn down my enemies, [Fire Burst]!"

For a second nothing happened and an upset expression mirrored the boys face again but then a burst of large vermilion flames matching his clothes appeared on his hands.

"Yahoo! It worked, it worked!"

Yelled the boy in great glee then begun to unconsciously wave around his hands. A branch of one of the trees got caught in the flame and started to burn, spreading the fire throughout the tree.

The boy's eyes widened then his glee was replaced with fear as the flames swallowed the other nearby trees.

"S-stop! How to I make this stop!?"

The boy panicked and tried to shake the flames away yet it still remained brighter than ever and begun to burn his coat but thankfully not his skin.

Michael finally noticed this as his cue to help out and he casted [Nullify]. Then in the blink of an eye, all the flames were gone, leaving behind the baffled boy.

The boy's eyes searched the cause of the phenomenon but when he couldn't, he started to shout.

"C-come out w-whoever you are! I am not afraid of you! I, Aden Pyrrhos I-Ignitius will f-fight you!!!"

The boy's voice was loud and fierce but Michael saw the fear deep inside the child's voice.

A fond smile blossomed on Michael's face but it wouldn't show because of his spell [Mask of Devoid].

Michael always saw kids like him whenever he visits him mother at work. Young boys pretending to be brave and strong yet was actually really scared. Hah, their tiny little prides.

Michael decided to pity the boy and show himself.

He appeared behind the trees and showed himself towards the boy.

The only light right now was the moon and the stars swaying in the night sky.

So within the patch of burned grass sat the boy and with Michael only an arms reach.

Michael gave a little wave towards the boy.

He was really happy since he wasn't able to talk to someone younger than him for a year and was quite fond of kids and vice versa.

But when he looked at the boy's expression his smile fell off.

The boy's face was pale white, with eyes wide and tears threatening to burst. His whole body was trembling and cold sweat trickled down his face.

Oh right, he was currently the Demon King, not Michael Gremwall.................damn.