c h a p t e r f i v e

I sat in the car and pumped as Justin finished up with the last showing our real estate agent took us to. He walked out of the house and got in the driver's seat. "I really liked this house," I said to him as he drove away. Justin nodded. "Me too, it was perfect for the five of us,"

I unattached the bottle I pumped and put the lid on. Justin looked over at me and I smiled. "Don't you just love technology?" I queried him. "Sure..." he trailed and we both laughed.

He drove us to my mom's house and I smiled when I saw Marlowe playing in the front yard with Mackenzie and Madison. When Justin parked, Madison tapped Marlowe on the shoulder and pointed to our car. Marlowe smiled widely and ran over to us. "Hey." I smiled and picked her up. She kissed my cheek as I put her down.

"Hey chunky." I cooed when I walked into my old bedroom. It was transformed into Marlowe and Mila's room whenever they come over. Mila kicked her feet as she laid in her crib. I picked her up and kissed her all over her face. "You're almost one month old boo boo." I grabbed her favorite blanket and took her downstairs.

"Are you going to get more information about Mila's deafness?" My mom asked as we all sat in the living room. I nodded. "Her one month appointment is Monday and we have an appointment with her audiologist Tuesday so hopefully she'll have more information for us." I looked down as she looked around. I put a small kiss on her forehead and rocked her.
•••

I parted Marlowe's hair into a half up and half down style before putting a navy blue bow in it. She was wearing a navy blue dress with white polka dots on it and white sandals. "Look how cute you two look." I smiled at Marlowe and Mila, whom was in Justin's arms. Mila was wearing a navy blue dress similar to Marlowe's. Marlowe grinned and kissed Mila's hand before we left for church.