c h a p t e r f i f t e e n

Marlowe smiled at Mila as she saw her light pink hearing aids. "She has them like me!" She signed excitedly. I nodded as she went to stand in front of her sister as she sat in her high chair. Marlowe kissed her sister's forehead and signed I love you. Mila smiled and I looked over at Justin. "She's so sweet." He smiled and I nodded. "Mila is so lucky to have a sister like Marlowe."
•••

I finished stirring up Mila's oatmeal before sitting down in front of her high chair. She played with her teether as I put her bib on. "Ready to eat?" I signed and she smiled and excitedly hit her hands on her high chair tray.

After feeding her, I cleaned her off and put on her hearing aids. She put her hands towards them and I quickly moved them. "Don't touch them, babe." I kissed her forehead. She smiled up at me and I picked her up. I went towards her room and peeked my head into our home office. Justin was sitting with his back to the door as he worked on the computer. I snuck up behind him and gently put Mila's hands on his shoulder. He quickly turned around and smiled at both of us.

"Hi princess." He said and grabbed her from me. She smiled at him as he kissed her cheeks. "I'm going to nurse her and let her play for a bit," I said and he nodded. "You two are having more fun than I am." He said and handed Mila back to me. "It's ok babe." I pecked his lips before leaving the room.

I walked into the house with Marlowe after picked her up from school. She smiled at her little sister who was sitting in her jumper and ran over to her. Mila squealed loudly and patted her hands against it. I chuckled when Marlowe jumped at how loud her little sister is and she turned to face me. "She's loud huh?" I signed and she nodded before playing with her.