c h a p t e r t w e n t y t w o

Emerson

I walked to our mailbox and smiled when I saw a small brown box inside it. I took it out and went inside before opening it. Inside the package was the save the dates for me and Justin's wedding which is going to be on March 23rd of next year. I closed the mailbox before walking inside.

I sat at the kitchen table and started packing the envelopes with the written addresses. I looked down at Mila as she played in her jumper. She cooed and threw the plastic rings she had in her hand.

"Want mommy to stop?" I asked her and picked it up. She kicked her legs as I picked her up. I gave her a kiss on the forehead before lifting my shirt so I could breastfeed her. "We have to get you and your big sissy's flower girl dresses soon. You two are going to look so cute." I smiled. After she finished eating, I pulled my shirt down and burped her. I stood up, putting the finished packed envelopes into my diaper bag, and closed it so I can send them off when I go pick up Marlowe.

We sat at the dining room table together as we ate dinner; we were having pork burger sliders, potato wedges, and roasted broccoli.

"The save the dates came." I said to Justin. "Really?" He asked and I nodded, grabbing one so that he could see. It was light green with white cursive letters that said Save the Date for the marriage of Emerson Hull and Justin Andrews. At the bottom was the date and our hometown.

"The guys and I are going to try on tuxes soon." He said and I nodded. "I have to go with the girls for my dresses too." "You're going to look beautiful in whatever you wear." He said and I blushed.