The Wife

2015

Victoria was excited when Jenny confirmed that Ramcel was coming. Nauna na kasi silang dalawa sa isla at susunod na lamang si Ramcel, na manggagaling pa ng Mexico. Two days na silang naroon ni Jenny pero hindi pa rin dumarating si Ramcel kaya natakot syang baka umatras na ito at hindi na magbabakasyon kasama nila. Ngunit laking tuwa nya nang magmessage ito kay Jenny, na on the way na ito.

Victoria sat on her bed and plugged her low battery cellphone to charge. She sighed longingly at her wallpaper. It was a picture of Ramcel. Her beautiful grayish eyes seemed to be looking at her directly penetrating her soul. Beautiful smile was displayed on her slightly pouty lips. She missed Ramcel so much.

She made a lot of mistakes and one of them was letting Ramcel go. Victoria regretted for not being able to fight for her. She wanted to have another chance. Sana bigyan sya nito nang pagkakataong bumawi. Sana tanggapin pa rin sya nito. Sana mahal pa rin sya nito. Dahil kahit ilang taong na ang lumipas, si Ramcel pa rin ang iniibig nya.

Habang hinihintay si Ramcel, nag-enjoy muna sila ni Jenny sa beach. They went on kayaking and played volleyball with some tourists like them. She met a handsome guy named Travis. A lot of girls around were drooling over him but he wasn’t interested. Sa kanya lang ito lumapit dahil tanging sya lamang ang hindi pumapansin rito.

Travis was nice. She enjoyed talking to him. Victoria found out that Travis was Tricia at night. They both laughed about it when he admitted he’s gay. He even gave her beauty tips. He was talking about collagen and some Korean beauty product that she could try when an attractive woman on a button down shirt and shorts caught her eyes. “Ram?” Her heart beat was suddenly erratic. But she wasn’t sure if it was really her because the woman was suddenly gone.

Before sunset, Victoria and Jenny decided to go back to the villa. Her heart leaped when she entered Ramcel’s room and found her luggage. But where was she? She was suddenly nervous.

“She’s not here,” Jenny said. “Baka lumabas. Hintayin na lang natin. Magprepare na lang tayo ng dinner para makakain tayo ng sabay-sabay. I’m sure magmamasiba na naman yun lalo pag natikman nya ang luto mo.”

Bago sila pumunta sa isla ni Jenny, nag-grocery sila at namalengke. Instead of spending so much money ordering expensive food from the resort, Victoria would cook for the three of them. After all, she’s a chef.

Victoria prepared grilled pork chops, buttered prawns and lasagna, Ramcel’s favorite. Anything with lots of cheese was Ramcel’s favorite. She took a long bath after that. Vi chose a body hugging sleeveless dress to wear. She also sprayed Incanto Shine, her favorite scent since Ramcel gave her one many years ago.

By 8PM, Ramcel wasn’t back yet. Lumabas si Jenny para hanapin ito sa beach. Nagpaiwan naman si Victoria sa villa at baka walang madatnan si Ramcel kapag dumating ito. Isa pa, gusto sana muna nya itong masolo para makapag-usap sila.

Victoria was thankful to Jenny for doing this. Ito ang nag-suggest na magbakasyon silang tatlo bago ito ikasal sa boyfriend nitong business man. Laking tuwa nya nang pumayag si Ramcel, na bukod sa laging busy, ay umiiwas ito sa kanya.

Pumunta muna sya sa dining room para i-set ang table. Baka bumalik na si Jenny kasama si Ramcel. Napangiti sya nang marinig nyang bumukas ang pinto ng villa. Si Ramcel na siguro yun. She checked herself on the mirror and inhaled deeply. Kinakabahan syang nagtungo sa living room.

But her anxiety was replaced with anger and jealousy when she saw another woman straddling Ramcel on the sofa. The filthy woman’s hands were unbuttoning Ramcel’s shirt.

Ramcel, who was clearly drunk, appeared confused when she saw her.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Victoria was really furious. Gusto nyang sugurin ang kung sinumang babaing ito na lumalandi kay Ramcel pero nagpigil sya. Napatigil ang babae at napatingin sa kanya. Inis na inis ito sa kanya dahil naistorbo nya ang mga ito.