The Proposal

CHAPTER 12

SPRING 2009

Parehong busy sina Victoria at Ramcel kaya akala nya kakain lang sila nang simpleng dinner sa apartment ni Ramcel. Sinundo sya nito sa Bistro. Ito na ang nagdrive ng kotse nya. Nakaidlip sya sa pagod kaya nagulat sya nang ginising sya nito at nakahinto ang sasakyan sa harap ng Grand Riviera Hotel Manhattan.

Ramcel reserved a suite for them. Pagpasok nila sa kwarto, may naghihintay sa kanilang candle light dinner. Nakapuwesto ang table malapit sa bintana kaya kitang-kita ang skyline ng Manhattan. The room light was dim and it gave a cozy feel.

“Happy Anniversary, Baby.” Ramcel’s eyes sparkled with joy when astonishment was displayed on Victoria’s face.

“Happy Anniversary,” Victoria was finally able to say after recovering from the surprised. She hugged her tight, felt her warmth and took in her Lightblue scent. “I love you.”

Ramcel looked her straight in the eye. “I love you too.”

The French cuisine served for them was superb. After finishing it, Ramcel had her eyes closed. Kumabog ang puso si Victoria sa excitement nang maramdaman nyang nasa likuran nya ang nobya at hinawi nito ang buhok nya. Her body shivered when Ramcel kissed her neck and gently bit her shoulder. “You’re so beautiful,” Ramcel whispered. Napangiti si Victoria nang may inilagay itong necklace sa leeg nya. “And irresistible too.” Ramcel kissed her neck then bit it. Victoria moaned. “You can open your eyes now.”

Hindi na mapigilang mapaluha sa saya ni Victoria nang makita ang eleganteng gold necklace na nakasuot sa kanya na may pendant na hugis araw. Ipinangako ni Ramcel sa kanyang papalitan nito ang nasirang wood sun necklace na binigay nito noon. Tumayo sya at niyakap nang mahigpit si Ramcel. “Thank you.” Ngumiti ito at hinawakan ang pendant. Victoria gasped when Ramcel opened the pendant. It was a locket. And inside was a picture of her and Ramcel. “It’s…it’s beautiful.”

“Do you like it?” Ramcel asked.

Victoria answered by kissing her lips. “Saying “I love it” is not even enough, Baby.”

They skipped dessert and made love instead.

“Do we really have to get married?” Victoria asked and regretted it immediately because based from the pain that registered in Ramcel’s eyes, it wasn’t the answer she expected. She also figured it was a stupid question.

Nasa apartment sya ng nobya. They were having dinner when Ramcel casually announced she’d stay in the U.S after finishing her class in New York Film Academy. She’d be working full time for Studio 11 Network New York. Victoria was very happy to hear it. She dropped her spoon and fork upon hearing and kissed her lips. Muntik pang bumaliktad ang upuan ni Ramcel dahil niyakap nya ito sa sobrang excitement.

Pagkatapos nilang kumain, they enjoyed sipping red wine as they sat on the sofa. Victoria sat on Ramcel’s lap and savored her lips. Hindi nya maipaliwanag ang sayang nadarama nya ng mga sandaling iyon. Her anxiety vanished now that Ramcel would stay with her in New York. Wala kasi itong sinasabi sa mga plano nito and she was scared to ask. Natatakot syang marinig na babalik na ito sa Pilipinas.

After sharing long deep kiss and while Victoria was still on her lap, Ramcel took something out from her denim jean’s pocket. She could see nervousness on her grayish eyes. When Victoria saw the little black box, she already knew what was inside and she felt scared. Ramcel opened it and it revealed an expensive looking diamond ring.

“Ram…” For some reason gusto nya itong pigilan sa gagawin nito.

“Victoria, wala akong ibang pinangarap na makasama kundi ikaw. I love you and I want you to be my forever.” Titig na titig ang mga mata nito sa kanya. “Will you marry me?”