Welcomed

CHAPTER 20

MANILA (MAY 2010)

Victoria waited for Ramcel to say something. They were eating the dinner she prepared when she finally told Ramcel about her father. She told her she was sorry for not telling her about it before. Victoria also asked permission if she could spend a week at her father’s house in Batangas. She was excited and a bit nervous because he’s going to introduce her to his family.

Ramcel was thoughtful for a moment. Hindi rin matantiya ni Victoria kung galit ba ito because Ramcel remained expressionless. Mas kinakabahan sya kapag ganito ito. Naiintindihan naman nya kung magalit ito, hindi lang dahil sa nilihim nya ang tungkol sa father nya kundi na rin two weeks pa lang silang nasa Pilipinas at aalis sya to be with him.

“Please say something, Baby. I understand you are mad for not telling…”

“I’m not mad, Vi,” Ramcel said softly, her eyes were fixed on Victoria’s. “Medyo nagtatampo lang for not telling me something this important. I’m your wife now. Just promise me no more secrets from now on.”

Victoria stood up and hugged Ramcel from behind. “No more secrets, Baby. I promise. And I’m sorry too.”

“You just have to make a lot of ensaymada once you get back.”

Victoria hugged Ramcel tighter for hearing that. “Thank you. I promise to make it up to you when I get back, Baby.” Ginawaran nya rin ito nang maraming halik sa pisngi. Natawa tuloy ito sa kanya.

Masaya nilang itinuloy ang pagkain hanggang sa matigilan si Victoria sa tanong ni Ramcel. “Did you tell him about us?”

Oh shit! Hanggang ngayon hindi pa nya nasasabi sa Daddy nya ang tungkol sa kanila ni Ramcel. She didn’t tell him she got married.

“I can tell from the guilty look on your face that the answer is a no.” Ramcel’s voice was a little icy. “But that’s fine with me. Sasabihin mo rin naman siguro sa kanya eventually right?” May lungkot sa boses nito pero pinilit nitong ngumiti.

“Yes, Baby. Humahanap lang ako ng tiyempo. Ayoko kasing mabigla sya. Isa pa, he’s a politician and he’s currently running for Mayor. Pagkatapos ng election, I will talk to him and tell him about us.” If she could muster her courage, she’d tell her father about them. Paano kaya nya gagawin yun when she told him she wasn’t even dating someone?

Walang kibong tumango lang si Ramcel. She felt awful for doing this to her. She was being unfair. Hindi nya dapat nililihim ang tungkol sa kanila. Ilang buwan na silang nagco-communicate ng Daddy nya when he wasn’t busy pero hindi nya nagawang sabihin ang tungkol sa importanteng tao sa buhay nya.
Maybe…not maybe. She’s really afraid that her father wouldn’t accept who she was.

“Baby…” She was about to say sorry but Ramcel interrupted her.

“Its okay, Baby. Naiintindihan naman kita. You can tell him about us anytime,” Ramcel said kindly. Hinawakan nito ang kamay nya at marahang pinisil to assure her that everything was alright. “Just promise to call me and text me every night habang nandun ka.”

“I promise.”

Napakaswerte nya talaga kay Ramcel. Napaka-understanding nito.

“Paano ka pupunta sa Batangas? Would you like me to drive you there?” Alok nito.

“Sasabay ako sa secretary ni Daddy. Luluwas daw kasi ng Manila kaya sabay na kaming bibiyahe sa Batangas.”

Ramcel frowned. “I don’t think that’s secure. Mapagkakatiwalaan ba ang taong yan? I think its better kung ako na lang ang maghahatid sayo. You can introduce me as your driver or nanny.”