Silence

Romero Valentino

"Silence? Is this how the team of best financial advisers of my company greets me after their excellent performance at the annual leader's summit?" I asked the occupants of the conference room as I took my seat at the end of the table.
"We are sorry for our irrational behavior at the annual summit, Sir. We apologize for getting drunk and causing a scene at the summit," said Gregory, the C.O.O of my company while all the financial advisers nodded in agreement trying to look sorry for the shit they pulled. Oh no... no... You don't get to lie to my face you cheating bastards...Oh how much I'm gonna enjoy this meeting... The thought made me chuckle earning a confused look from all the people in the room.

"Getting drunk is not something uncommon Gregory...but letting your plan to declare my company as bankrupt slip may be something you should be sorry for," I said as I got up from my seat. The look of shock and fear on their faces was so satisfying.
"As far as I remember, my company has a turnover of 20.33 billion and increasing for past two years. None of the campaigns of my company has met failure and I have not been involved in any scandal for the past two years. So how were you going to complete your mission, my dear financial advisers? " I asked in a mocking tone as I buttoned my suit jacket earning a wide-eyed look from people across the room.
"Drugging me and making me sign all my shares under your company?" I said placing my hands on the table with a loud thump to create that intimidating look I'm famous for.
"A childish plan you had there. I already knew about these shrewd plans of yours. Why do you think all of you have an Identical painting in your offices? And then these faithful colleagues of yours did their job by blurting your excellent plan on national TV. You guys just saved me the effort." I could see multiple emotions running through their eyes as I revealed how foolishly they walked right into the trap laid by me, fear being the dominant one. Sighing I continued, "Please come in officers." And within the next few minutes, the room was flooded by the police officers waiting outside the room for my signal.

"What?! Mere planning can not get me arrested! Leave me!" shouted Gregory as the officers tried to handcuff him. How the hell can a person be so foolish! The handling officer opened his mouth to read out his charges but I signaled him to let me handle this.
"Gregory, I think you lack some brain. I already told you, I watched every move of yours...it means that I even know about the money all of you embezzled at my company, the illegal business you carried out under my name, and the deals you made with my company under a fake name and much more shit you tried to pull. You never mess with Romero Valentino and get away with it Greg." I couldn't help the smirk that made its way to my lips as the cops pushed those bunch of idiots out of the room.

"You are a real cocky bastard Romero." I turned to face the person who described me so well just in a sentence, only to come face to face with my annoying best friend, Nishan Lewis, The chief of New York PD.

"A hello would have sufficed. Shithead."

"Nah... I love cursing you. Okay! Enough of chit-chat hand me the pieces of evidence so I can lock them up for good." demanded the annoying bastard making me roll my eyes. I signaled my assistant to fetch the evidence

"You broke my heart Ni! And here I thought you wanted to talk to me." I said wiping a fake tear which made him burst with laughter.
"Well.. you still love me." He said walking away after my assistant handed him the evidence. How childish can he be...

"Mr. Valentino?" the timid voice of my assistant Chase, broke the chain of my thoughts. My questioning look was a clear indication for him to continue whatever he wanted to say.
"It's time for the press conference."

The flashing lights of multiple cameras and the obnoxiously loud chattering all around the room made me want to hit something. Can't these people shut up for a second?
"Mr. Valentino! How do you feel about the scheming that was going on in your company behind your back?!" shouted a reporter as soon as I walked behind the podium. Why do I have a feeling that this press conference is gonna suck?

Whatever let's just get over with it...

____________________________________