Realisation.... That just hit God damn late!

Romero Valentino

It took me a while to decipher what the heck happened. Just a while ago I had my baby all clingy and cuddling with me, then all of a sudden he snaps and now wants nothing to do with me. The glint of betrayal and hatred in his eyes when he handed me the note replayed in front of my eyes like a broken video player. What the hell did I do wrong to make him hate me?

I rubbed my chest to soothe the dull ache as I read the note for a third time just to make sure I wasn't things.

I need someone to tell me what the fuck did I do to make Miguel so upset... so angry?

                     🎨🎨🎨🎨

Nishan Lewis

I was on my way to the Valentino mansion to hang out with my so-called bastard best friend when I drove past a guy who looked quite similar to Miguel. But how can he be Miguel? I'm sure Rome won't let him leave alone like that. I was about to reach my destination but something in me made me turn my truck around just to check if it was Miguel?

And thank heavens that I did cause that guy was Miguel Endrizzi. But where the hell was he going? And how did Romero let him leave? I called out his name several times to make him stop but he didn't spare even a glance of acknowledgement. Not having left with any other option, I honked the horn of my car like crazy which made him leap a foot in the air but all that mattered was that he stopped.

Getting off the car I walked to him and his eyes widened in realisation...surprise... can't say. Knowing that he won't be comfortable speaking to me, I handed him my phone with the notes app open. And then the talking commenced.

"What are doing out here Miguel? And how the heck did Romero let you leave all alone?" I asked making him start tapping furiously on the phone screen. Oo...looks like someone's mad.

"Back to my place. And I'm no kid that I need some1 to go with me. I cn manage alone." He shoved the phone in my face with a hmph. He is adorable but not more than Everett.

"I know you are a grown-ass adult Miguel but he shouldn't have let you leave like this. It's god damn rude. Come on I'll drop you."I said signalling towards my car but once again he started typing furiously.

"No thank u, Mr Lewis. I can manage on my own." He slammed the phone in my hand and began to walk away but stopped when he hear my next statement.

"Yeah you can manage on your own and will you be walking all the way there? Cause it will take roughly around 6 hours to reach your destination by foot." The look of shock on his face almost made me laugh but I kept it in control. Now was not the time to make fun of him.

"Don't be so shocked. Even the nearest bus station is an hour away. Come on I'll drop you home." This time he didn't protest and like a good child, climbed in the car.

"Want me to drop you at Everett's place?" I asked making him shake his head in denial so fast that I thought it would fall off.

"Okay... then you need to give me your address. Here just put it in the GPS and I'll drop you at your destination." I said as I handed him my phone and like an obedient child, he did as told. I don't think Everett can ever be half as obedient as him. After connecting the phone to my car's GPS I smiled at the nervous boy sitting next to me and tried to cheer him up with an enthusiastic holler only to be cut short by the loud ass ringing of my phone.

"Now off we-"

"Bastardo Valentino calling. Do you want to accept the call?" Hearing the A.I. say Valentino Miguel's eyes widened. Emotions like betrayal, anger and disappointment clouded his eyes but they were gone as fast as they came. This was my cue to reject the call. Something has happened between them but right now prying into the matter may worsen things.

"No. Text him ' I'll call you later." Miguel sighed in relief and nodded at me, maybe in gratitude? I don't know.

"Now where were we? Yeah-" Once again the ringing of my phone cut me short. Looks like he won't stop pestering me until I pick up his phone.

"Bastardo Valentino calling. Do you want to accept the call?" I looked towards Miguel who nodded and pointed to the phone as if saying to just pick the damn thing up.

"Pick it. Let's hear what he wants to say this time." I commanded and the A.I. connected the call. But before I could even say 'hello' the bastard let his mouth run free.

"Ni! Help me! I don't give a damn you're fucking someone right now. Just help me! I don't know where he is right now?! I can't find him! Oh damn! How could I let him leave?! He just left and I was too fucking shocked to stop him! And by the time I came to my senses he was already gone! I don't know where to find him! J-Just help me Ni! I don't know why he left. I-"

Romero sounded frantic and worried. And I had to raise my voice by a few notches just to stop Rome's nonstop babbling.

"Romero Valentino! Stop! Take a deep breath and calm down!"

"I can't fucking calm down when I don't even know how Miguel is!" He shouted. His breath came out in pants as if he had just run a mile. Moron! Did he run in the opposite direction that he couldn't find Miguel?

"He's here with me! Now, will you calm down and take a breath?" I huffed running a hand through my hair.

"He's with you? Where...How did you find him? Is he fine? He's not hurt right?" There was an undertone of relief in his words. I was about to ask Romero about his location so that he could see for himself that Miguel was fine but Miguel's frantic shaking of the head stopped me from doing so.

"He's fine... I'm on my way to drop him home."

"Oh... well then, drop him safely. I'll see you later. Tell Mr Endrizzi, I said...goodbye. " It was like something snapped in him. Gone was all the air of worry and relief. There is something that happened between these two.

Miguel on other hand, throughout Romero's babbling, showed fluctuating emotions. From shock to disgusted and then to anger ending in guilty. And when Romero said the word goodbye, all of it changed to confusion and regret.

"You know Miguel, sometimes what we see or hear fools us. What we see of a person may be his defence mechanism to cope with the world.... judging him on basis of that won't be fair. But I think you must understand these things better... after all you're an artist. And I think you guys are far better with such kind of things." Hearing my words, Miguel turned his face away from the window where it had been stuck before. He nodded in my direction and went back to stick his face to the window after staring at me for a few minutes.

Oh heavens! Just help these to morons!

____________________________________

Author's note -

Don't know why but I thought of doing an up spree on Christmas... let's see I'm able to do it😅