5. pain

Hinata's POV

I squinted my eyes at the blonde haired boy, awaiting for an answer. "So?" Sakura crossed her arms, peeking her head over my shoulder. Naruto stayed quiet, my patience slowly running out.

"Whatever. We're leaving." I waved my hand at the pilot signalling him to move away. "We'll be watching you Karin." Temari stated, furrowing her eyebrows. "You guys will too, right?" Ino tilted her head, averting her attention over to the window where students stood.

"..Y-Yes ma'am!" A female replied back. I sighed, sitting myself down beside the pilot. "You alright there Hina?" Tenten asked as I nodded my head. "I'm alright." I reassured them with a smile.

Hinata's Flashback

Wednesday, February 13
12:57 AM

"Finally! I'm back home after that long trip!" I muttered, dragging my suitcase to the front door. I unlocked the front doors, quietly entering my fairly quiet home. I took off my shoes, noticing a pair of sneakers. 

I smiled, placing my shoes beside his. " Toneri must be here.." I whispered to myself, suddenly getting a glimpse of an unfamiliar pair of heels beside his. "Whose are these..?" I muttered, bending down as I examined them.

"Hanabi definitely doesn't wear heels nor do I.. the maids don't either since I sent them home and Father isn't even back from his business trip yet." I told myself, standing up straight as I quietly closed the front door.

I gulped, getting nervous. "Please.. don't tell me.." I left my suitcase near the door and slowly made my way upstairs, hearing bizarre muffled noises. My lips trembled as my heart beat faster. "There's no way.. this is true.." I told myself.

I peeked over the corridor, seeing a slightly opened door. I placed my hand over my mouth, gasping as I realized that that was my room. I quietly made my way towards the door, peeking at the little opening.

There I saw Toneri on my bed on top of another woman, their clothes scattered the ground as they made love. My heart dropped as I placed another hand on my mouth feeling my eyes water up.

"I love you too, Hinata." I bit my lip, remembering what he had told me just yesterday through the phone. I clenched my fists, fully opening the door as sadness and angered filled me.

"Y..You.." I felt a tear stream down my cheek as Toneri averted his attention to me in shock. "H-Hinata!" He quickly got off of the woman, revealing who she was. My eyes widened, recognizing who she was.

"Karin?!" I said in disbelief as she put her glasses on, covering her chest with my blanket looking away. "W-Wait I can explain!" Toneri stated, nervously chuckling. "..Why?" Was all I could say as I started crying.

"..was I not good enough for you?" I muttered, biting my lip. "..No tha-" I cut him off, throwing the picture frame of me and him on his face as it broke. "Get out of my house." I muttered, clenching my fists. "L-Listen! Hinata baby, I can explain!" Toneri said, wrapping a towel around his waist as he approached me.

"Don't baby me! Get the hell out of my house!" I yelled, my voice trembling as I slapped his hand away. "You too Karen! I don't want your filthy ass in my house!" I snapped at her seeing both of their surprised reactions.

"H-Hinata look.." Karin said looking up at me. "I trusted you Karin." I stated, wiping the tears off my face. "I let you in my life, gave you everything you wanted  and helped you through your miseries. Is this what you're giving back to me?" I asked, gritting my teeth.

Karin looked away, clenching my blanket. "If that's so, then just leave." I said, stepping aside from the door. "I don't want neither of you back." I added, sniffling as the two grabbed their clothes slowly exiting.

Toneri glanced at me, opening his mouth about to speak. "I don't want an explanation. Leave." I said, and they did. When I heard the front door close, I began to sob. I hugged my knees, burying my head on them as I suddenly remembered all the happy times I had spent with him.

I hugged my knees closer to me, reaching over to the picture of me and Toneri. I stared at it for a brief moment, suddenly crumpling it up. My heart ached, I felt like I got stabbed multiple times from head to toe by two people whom I loved and trusted.

From that day on, I decided to lock my feelings away and hide them under my "fierce and careless" exterior where nobody could ever encounter.