9. princess

Naruto's POV

Another intriguing day, here at Konoha High. It's been a week now since that whole incident with Karin— a week since i've met Hinata and her friends. Karin hasn't been to school, and recently- I find myself drawn to stare at Hinata while she passed through the hallways. It's strange but it's the truth— I always end up finding my gaze stuck to her. I don't know the reason, but I seem invested in her.

"Uzamaki! Please listen in on this lecture. You will need this for your up-coming test." I bolted my head up, nodding with a gulp. "Yes sensei. I'm sorry." I replied as class went on. I sighed and placed my palm onto my cheek, fidgeting with my pencil. A sudden tap occurred on my shoulder, causing me to turn around.

"You look puzzled. What's been bothering you my friend?" Sai asked, forming a small smile on his face. I shrugged, sighing. "This and that. Nothing important." I replied with a small grin. Sai nodded, chuckling. "Alright then. Get that knot off your face too, you'll appear more older." He added as I snorted.

Sai's POV

I raised my hand, suddenly having the urge to use the bathroom. The teacher glanced at me, signalling me to state my problem. "May I use the bathroom?" I asked her, the teacher nodding afterwards and continuing the lesson. I stood up, sliding my phone in my pocket as I took my backpack and swung it on my shoulder. "You leaving Sai?" Shikamaru asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Not quite. Just a bathroom break, that's all." I stated, feeling Sasuke's glare at me. "Sure you are. Let me ditch class with you." Sasuke asked as I shook my head, chuckling. "No. You stay in here, now i'm off before I spill." I declared, waving my friends good-bye. I quietly exited class, making sure not to cause such a disturbance. I slid my hands in my pocket, heading for the mens washroom which wasn't that far away.

I examined the paintings and designs on the school's walls, impressed with the architecture and art stained on them. Seems like a fun school. I thought with a smile, spotting a figure off at the distance. There stood a maiden with long, platinum blonde hair standing in-front of a vending machine. My eyes lit up, noticing who she was. I couldn't quite remember her name- but I think it was Ino. Ah, she was the same girl whom caught my attention a week ago!

I slowed my walking pace, hoping to catch a better glimpse at her. The bathroom was just right in-front of the vending machines— it wouldn't take me too long to get there. I sighed, noticing her raise an eyebrow as she looked over my direction. I froze, locking eyes with her. Her beautiful blue eyes looked into mine— she looked like an angel. Am I in-love with such a goddess? "Is there a problem?" She spoke up, crossing her arms as she swung her hair to the side.

I gulped, nervously chuckling. "I'm sorry. I was just mesmerized by your presence." I honestly admitted, noticing her blue eyes widen as her cheeks burnt red. "..E-Excuse me..?" She replied in a muttered way, a gulp present on her neck.

Ino's POV

W-Who does this guy think he is?! I pursed my bottom lip, placing a hand on-top of my beating chest. He gave me a smile— opening his mouth to speak. "I said, i'm sorry. I was just mesmerized by your presence." He repeated once again, sending my whole body to steam up. I fluttered my eyes, gulping once again. I took a strand of my hair, twirling the strand with my finger as I looked off to the side. It was a trait of mine that i'd do when I was nervous.

"T-Thank you." I replied in a quiet tone, taking a quick glance at him. This is so unusual of me— stuttering and acting like a little girl.. I raised an eyebrow, a gut feeling telling me that i've met him before. "Wait a minute.. weren't you-" I suddenly got cut off with his sudden chuckle. "Yes yes. I was part of the group of boys whom stole your lunch table seats. And for that— we're truly sorry madam." He stated, giving me a bow. This guy.. did he just call me madam?

I shook my head, backing up an inch as I examined him up and down. "Nevermind that.. what's your name again?" I curiously asked, his hand suddenly gestured right in-front of me. "Oh, my apologies. My name is Sai." The pale man explained, giving me a warm smile once again. A blush crept up on my cheeks once again— this guy knows how to soften me up huh. I took his hand, firmly shaking it. "Ino. Ino Yamanaka." I replied, lowering our hands away from each other.

Sai nodded, tilting his head. "I see. What a unique name, Ino." He commented, sending my heart into a faster pace once again. "Thank you. I like your name as-well." I stated, managing to offer a small smile. A sincere and real one. "Thank you. Though- I think our time cuts short here." He explained, glancing at his wrist watch. Agh! What a guy. My whole standard for men are changing because of him! I nodded, placing my hands on my back nervously glancing around. I hate to admit it but at situations like this— I really don't know how to act.

I debated in my head, wether I should ask him for his number. This guy— is the first ever to compliment me in such honest ways. Maybe he- "Though before I leave, i'd like your number if that's alright with you. I'd like to keep in contact with you Miss Yamanaka." Sai questioned, the same charming smile on his face as he pulled his phone out. I held in my smile, biting my bottom lip as we exchanged numbers. "Just call me Ino, kay'?" I demanded, his head nodding up and down.

"Sounds good to me. I'll have to go now." Sai said, gripping his backpack as he slid his phone back in his pocket. "Mhm. I-Uh, see you!" I replied with a wide smile. I couldn't hold it in anymore. Sai chuckled, a blush making it's way on his pale cheeks. "See you, princess." He waved me good-bye before disappearing into the men's bathroom. I cupped both my hands, placing them on my beating heart. Oh my- am I in-love?