7. mischief

Naruto's POV

It was the next day after, things have settled down quite a bit. I was still confused at the situation and Karin hadn't told me anything, she had been staying quiet the whole time. Neji looked like something was bothering him but he wouldn't tell us what.

"You alright there, Naruto?" Sai asked as I nodded in response. "You've been staring at your locker for a hot-minute now. Get your books out, classes are starting soon. Don't forget your pen." Sai reminded me, locking up his locker afterwards. "Ugh. I'm gonna go get a drink." Shikamaru said waving me good-bye as he lazily walked away.

I turned my attention to Sasuke to ask him where he was headed at, but he was swarmed with 3-5 girls. ".Alright then-" I muttered as I proceeded to un-lock my locker, opening it. Suddenly, a hand slammed my locker shut. I turned to see who it was and there I met a pair of deceiving-pale eyes.

Hinata? "Ciao." She softly said, her left arm blocking me from the side as a small smile was plastered onto her lips. "H-Hinata?" I asked in shock, wondering what she wanted. "Mhm. That's me." She replied back; I glanced down at her other arm that was behind her back, it seemed like she held something.

"..Do you need something?" I asked, gulping as she suddenly lifted an eyebrow inching closer to me. I gulped, feeling my cheeks heat up. "Well.. Tsunade wanted me to give you your school ID." Hinata stated pulling out the ID from her right hand.

I slowly took it from her hand, then looking back at her confused. "Everyone here at Konoha High gets an ID once they enroll. So don't fuss about it silly." Hinata said, innocently smiling at me. I nervously chuckled, sliding the ID in my pocket. "Thank you. I-uh, really appreciate you for bringing it to me. I could've gotten it myself.." I stated.

"It's no worries Uzumaki, and just one more thing." She leaned in close to my ear as I could feel her hot breath against my skin. "If you're a good boy, you'll make a good decision and stay away from Karin. Alright?" Hinata whispered as I stayed frozen in spot, blushing from how close she was. "I'll be off then. See you around, Uzumaki." She said, a smile on her face.

Hinata's POV

I waved him a small good-bye, turning around to walk away afterwards. The smile on my face had slowly faded away, changing my expression to a blank one as I approached my group. "Hinata! You're back! Have you given him the card?" Sakura asked as I nodded.

"Have you girls done the same?" I asked as they all nodded. "I don't get why Tsunade went and told us to bring the ID's to them. I mean, they all have legs and hands." Temari complained, annoyance mixed in with her voice. "Don't worry about it Temari, the task was easy anyways." Tenten responded.

Suddenly, a familiar red-head had caught my attention from the corner of my eye. I turned my attention to her, and she was approaching us, rather me quickly. As I was about to speak, a hard slap was delivered onto my cheek. It was quick but the sensation was loud and it stung.

"Hinata!" I heard Ino yell. I placed a hand on my cheek, furiously facing and ugly looking Karin. "Y-You! You monster!" Karin yelled out, her eyeliner smudged as a tear ran down from her cheek, a commotion breaking out.

Karin's POV

My breathing fastened as I stood in-front of the raven-haired whom I just slapped. I just found out she'd been spreading rumours about me during I was gone. Even spilling some of my biggest secrets to various students. I was extremely furious, wanting to deliver another slap to her pretty-pale face.

I gritted my teeth, lifting my hand up as I was about to serve her another hard slap. Before I knew it, a hand grabbed my wrist, stopping me. I gulped and froze, it was Hinata who stopped me. Her cold empty eyes looked down at me as her gripped tightened around my wrist.

"Agh! Let go of me you bastard!" I yelled in pain as a small smile formed on Hinata's lips. Her expression went from a soft, gentle one to a now menacing one. A shiver ran down my spine, i've never seen a side of Hinata like this. "Why?! Why did you this?!" I asked.

"Ah, that slap sure woke me up Karin. Thank you." Hinata softly said; Her eyes were filled with anger as I stared right into them. I gritted my teeth getting more angry at her. Suddenly, a pair of arms grabbed me pulling me away from Hinata. "I guess we're even now, aren't we?"

To my left was Kiba and to my right was Shino. They both held me by the arms, pulling me away. I squirmed around trying to break lose. "Let me go!" I demanded glancing at them both. They both stayed quiet as Hinata approached me.

"You're a stubborn one, are you?" Hinata said with a smile, her left cheek that I had slapped burnt red. My right eye twitched in anger as I attempted to break lose from Shino and Kiba's grasp. "Let me go and fight me, Hinata!" I demanded, anger in my voice.

Hinata suddenly chuckled, leaning close to me as she yanked a chunk of my hair. I groaned in pain, meeting eye-to-eye with her. "If you don't settle down, i'll have to get rid of you myself."