Four

"Check for spinal injuries before we handle her hip" someone yelled.

"Holland, move your ankles for me" someone spoke as his hands touched my neck, feeling the area almost roughly.

I moved my ankles, hearing a sigh of relief.

He took the brace from around my neck and I felt hands on my knees and hips suddenly.

I was in a skirt.

"I'm in a skirt" I spoke to the doctor who held my head, making his eyes move to mine again.

"I promise you Holland- no one is sexualizing you, they're here to help you"

I felt a hand wrap around my leg, lifting it lightly- making the pain break out.

"No, no, no- stop, please stop" I cried out, moving my hands to my hip, holding it firmly.

"Give her morphine" a doctor spoke quickly as the doctor beside my head took my hands away, holding them into his own tightly.

"You're going to feel pain for ten seconds and it's going to go away- I promise you" He spoke quickly as they continued switching grips and moving spots.

"Okay Holland, focus on me- listen to me" the doctor holding my leg spoke, making me look to him.

"I know that you're in pain and I know that you're scared- after this one thing everything is going to slow down, I promise you" He spoke slowly.

I felt a tear slide down my face.

"But I need you to trust me, I need you to relax your body, holding Doctor Hemmings' hands and take a deep breath when I tell you to- okay?" He spoke, never looking away from my eyes.

"Okay" I barely spoke, feeling more and more tears falling.

"Okay- take a deep breath in" he spoke slowly, making me do as said.

"And out" he spoke, as I breathed out- he did one solid movement to my body- making me immediately break into actual cries, trying my hardest to get away from them.

"It's over Holland- that's the worst part, it's over" the doctor spoke as he lifted my entire skirt, placing cooling rags over the area.

Doctor Hemmings' moved closer, bringing his arm around me, hugging me.

I embraced that- I needed that.

"We need to flush all of this road rash and stitch the open wounds, Doctor Hemmings is going to perform an echo on her heart to make sure the murmur isn't something we need to be worried about" a doctor spoke, changing to a different pair of gloves.

His eyes met my own, sympathy taking over his face.

"Who can we call for you, sweetheart?" He asked,

"I don't have anyone but my dad"