Forty

I was miserable, but at least I wasn't home.

I was going to watch Michael do a surgery and wait for Luke to get here and tell him everything.

It was midnight, it would come fast.

They soon brought a patient and more nurses in.

And soon, I saw the familiar body- which gave me so much hope- enter the room, fully scrubbed in.

And after a little bit of talking, the surgery started.

Just as interesting to watch.

Michael.

As I paused from my surgery, I popped my neck, looking around the room and happening to notice a body in the gallery.

No one ever goes to the gallery at night, so I managed to look harder without making it noticeable.

Holland.

"Holland" I spoke, returning to my surgery

"Y-yeah?" Her voice was weak.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her slowly.

"I didn't have anywhere else to go" she mumbled, making me fully look away from my surgery and to her.

She was soaking wet.

Her clothes, her hair- she had to have been freezing.

"Shit Holland" I mumbled.

"Go get warm, sterile blankets and give them to her, also call Luke Hemmings and tell him to get his ass to the hospital and bring dry clothes." I told a nurse, seeing two of them nod, both doing as I said .

"You don't have to wake Luke up, I can wait-" "no sweetheart, he's going to want to know that you're here right now." I told her.

"What happened at home?" I asked her.

"My dads an aggressive alcoholic" she spoke the words I dreaded most.

"He hit you?" I asked her, trying to focus to my surgery.

"Only a couple of times."

"A couple of times too many." I spoke firmly.

Within minutes a nurse told me that Luke was on his way and I watched as one covered her in warm towels, her thanking her so many times,

"Are you hurt? Are you in pain?" I asked her slowly.

"No, but I have a doctors appointment next week and I'm supposed to have a two pound weight gain and I don't think I will because he doesn't have a job so we struggle to get food." She spoke at a fast pace

"Relax Holl." I told her quietly

"I'm going to make sure everything is okay."