Twenty-Seven

Friday.

I came home, more than excited to get to go see the guys.

But as I walked through the door, all of my excitement flew out the window and exchanged itself for disappointment.

My dad was laying on the floor, asleep as a familiar girl laid on the couch, watching a movie.

I shut the door, gaining her attention.

I bent down at my dad, making sure he had a pulse.

"He's fine, just drunk" the girl spoke.

"Just making sure" I mumbled, walking past her and picking up their empty bottles and glasses, bringing them into the kitchen to clean and throw them away.

It was my unspoken responsibility to keep the house clean.

I looked in our pantry for food, not finding anything so I sat at the bar, texting Luke

I'm so sorry to cancel, but dad forgot we had plans and made other plans with a few of his friends. I'm sorry but thank you for the invite!

I did my homework and ate a small bowl of cereal before going upstairs.

I laid in bed, plugging my phone up, planning on taking a nap, because now I didn't have anything else to do.

Just as I dozed off, my phone dinged, making me look

Luke:

Aw:( I'm disappointed, but we do them fairly often, so definitely next time! How are things?

Horrible.

Things are good! Just still getting used to each other and bonding. He's really happy.

I hated lying to him.

After I actually fell asleep, my dad opened my door, making me jump awake.

"Why are you sleeping?" He asked.

"Long day" I spoke into my pillow.

"We need more alcohol" he spoke, making me look to him, seeing him drinking straight from a bottle of vodka.

I ignored.

"Holland." He spat

"What." I spat back to him.

"You wanna hear a secret?" He spoke, amusement in his voice.

I hummed, not honestly wanting to hear.

"I never forgot you."

That made me completely turn, looking to him.

"I knew who you were, I knew you were my daughter, I just can't live the life we were living" he leaned against the door frame, breaking my heart word by word.

"I didn't even want kids- that was all your mom. Then we had you and I of course fell in love with you, but now that she's gone and I miss her- I miss having someone, I miss being able to party." He mumbled.

I felt tears coming into my eyes

"So say what you want, beg me all you want, but I'm not changing. I'm still young, I should still be able to party."

"I miss my old dad" I felt a tear fall down my cheek, seeing him looking straight to me.

"And I miss your mom."