Twenty-Nine

two weeks later.

I was sad

To say the least, I didn't enjoy anything.

I was on the verge of quitting soccer because I just don't love it anymore

I hate being home

I hate cereal

I hate my dad and all the girls he brings home

But today was a soccer game.

I was miserable.

But, Luke was FaceTiming me before as I waited in the locker room, drinking water- which was my second meal of the day, other than granola.

"When's your next game, we're gonna come-" "it'll be next Friday if I don't quit," I laughed lightly.

"Why would you quit?" He frowned, myself noticing that he was in his office at the hospital.

"I don't know, I just don't love it anymore." I mumbled.

"You might just need more sleep, you're probably just tired and overworked"

Little did he know, he was absolutely correct.

Soon my coach came in, calling us all out.

"I gotta go" I groaned lightly.

"Try to enjoy, FaceTime me after."

I agreed before hanging up, joining them on the field.

We started with stretching and drills

And then before I knew it, I was in the middle of a game.

As I chased the ball with all of my strength, kicking it to the goal- I felt a dizzy spell.

Weird.

I got a sip of water before returning.

I was running behind my teammate with the ball, and as she kicked it to me, I got a dizzy spell, making me completely miss the ball, tripping over my own feet, making me collide with the ground.

After a short moment of laying on the ground in pain, my coach called a huddle.

I leaned on Erica, our team captain as I felt worse and worse.

"Holland, what's going-" everything went silent, and I saw only stars.

I woke up to a horrible smell- seeing myself surrounded by first responders and my teammates.

I realized I was sitting, leaning against my coach.

"Eyes open, pretty girl the ambulance is on the way." a lady spoke

What the fuck happened to me?

"Call her Dad-" "please don't" I groaned out, but I was ignored.

Soon an ambulance pulled up and paramedics ran straight to us.

"Sixteen year old female, passed out mid game, semi responsive" the lady spoke to them.

"Hi sweetie" the familiar paramedic spoke, tilting my head to make me look to him.

"Can I pick you up and put you on the gurney?" He asked me slowly.

I extended my hands, letting him help me to my feet slowly.

He held me, walking me to the gurney where I willingly let them strap me to it.

I was soon in the ambulance, fighting tears as the paramedic tried getting the IV in multiple times, failing.

"I'm going to have to let the doctors get it in" he gave up, putting a blood pressure cup on me.

"Oh my God your blood pressure is high" he spoke once it deflated, making me rest my head on the gurney.

"Call Luke Hemmings please."

Before he stopped, we came to an abrupt stop and the doors opened and I made direct eye contact with Ashton.

"Sixteen year old female, passed out mid soccer game, blood pressure is extremely high, she's pale in the face and neck but red in the chest, I tried getting an IV in but was unsuccessful" he spoke as they almost ran me to a room, myself assisting them in moving me to a more comfortable bed.

"Thank you" Ashton spoke, dismissing them before turning to me.

He didn't speak, immediately lifting my shirt to attach electrodes to my chest and Michael entered.

Michael helped by putting a blood pressure cup around my arm, and a little thing on my finger.

Once he stopped, I extended my hand to him, making him hold my hand.

"Okay Holland, small poke" I heard Ashton say before I felt a finally successful IV.

"What's wrong with me?" I asked, gaining Ashton's full attention.

"I don't know, but we are going to figure it out." He spoke firmly.

From that point on, I got a full work up, and Michael never left my side.

Calum and Luke soon joined, both looking alert and confused.

"What caused her to pass out?" Luke asked Ashton, who looked to me, speechless.

"Besides her blood pressure and pulse, everything is flawless, so I assume her blood pressure and then the running just-" "we have to figure out why her blood pressure is so high." Michael spoke

And just as he did, my dad flung the curtain open- clearly not sober

"There's your reason."