Forty-Four

I woke up to Holland shifting in my arms.

Five am, we have to wake up at five thirty to go to work.

I saw her eyes blink open after a moment, making me smile.
"Hi" I whispered, knowing Michael was still asleep.

"Hi" she mumbled back, hugging herself into me, making me hug her back.

What felt like ten minutes later, Michaels alarm went off, waking him up.

He turned towards us once he got it off, groaning lightly.

"We got like four hours of sleep total" he whined.

"Welcome to the life of surgeons."

Soon Ash and Calum walked in, completely thrown off by Michael and Holland laying in my bed.

"Holland's dad is in the hospital being treated for dehydration, malnutrition and multiple drug addictions." I spoke quietly to them.

"So- she's ours?" Calum asked, making me immediately laugh.

"Not legally, but we'll all talk about that once we're all awake."

Holland.

I sat up as each of the guys ran around the house, getting ready.

"Okay, we're gonna go separate, because I'm gonna take you by your house and let you change because I'm sure you don't want to wear my baggy clothes around all day." He spoke, making me smile to him.

I leaned on him as he drove towards my house, listening to him sing to the song on the radio.

We went into my house together, seeing an absolute disaster.

Lamps were broken, picture frames scattered as if someone had fought.

"He must've gave the police trouble." Luke mumbled as I ignored the mess, making my way around it and upstairs.

As he stood outside my room I changed into leggings, keeping his sweater on and adding white vans.

I quickly braided my hair before leaving the house with him.

"What are you thinking?" Luke asked as I looked to the road, humming lightly.

"I'm sleepy" I laughed to him lightly.

"I know, you can get more sleep as soon as I get you to my office." He spoke, giving my knee a small squeeze.

I soon held his arm as he led me through the hospital, straight to his office.

"Okay princess" he spoke, going to a small closet in his office.

He brought out a pillow and a blanket, throwing them on the couch.

"Try and sleep here because I'm not keen on putting you in an on call room by yourself during the day, because interns go in there and they're young and absolute idiots, but if you can't sleep here, we can find you a different spo-" "I'll be fine." I smiled to him.

"Okay, I'm locking the door, don't open it for anyone, because anyone important will have a key." He spoke, kissing my forehead quickly.

"Thank you" I spoke to him, seeing him smile as he turned to me, pausing

"Sleep good, pretty girl"