Twenty-two

I woke up to talking.

"So I can talk to her when she wakes up?" My dads voice spoke.

"If she wants to talk, yes, you can talk to her" Michael responded as I felt him pull the sheets back, checking the stitches in my hip.

Feeling him touch a spot that hurt made me immediately open my eyes, touching his arm gently.

"Hurts?" He asked me quickly.

"A little" I spoke tiredly.

"Just a screw" he spoke, humming before pulling the sheets back up.

"A screw?" I immediately questioned.

"You have metal in your hip holding your bones in place now." He spoke- genuinely shocking me.

"Any pain when I'm not touching you?" He asked me.

I shook my head to him, getting a happy response.

"So like I said last night, you're on bed rest this entire week, you don't walk without me, but I will take you on walks throughout the day" he spoke.

"Also, do not go to the bathroom by yourself or with a nurse, I am the only person who is going to help you unless Calum, Luke or Ashton volunteer." He spoke to me sternly.

"So I have to pee in front of you?" I asked bluntly.

He looked to me, laughing lightly,

"I'll step out for you to pee, but I will get you to the toilet" he spoke,

"Oh this is just great"

He soon had to answer a page to the ER, leaving me and my dad.

"I-I'm so sorry" he mumbled.

"Not completely your fault, I should've just talked to you." I mumbled back.

"I should've noticed that I was upsetting you." He spoke, making me go silent.

"Are you down to talk or do you want me to leave?" He asked.

"We can talk" I mumbled.

I missed my dad.

My real dad.

"It's just you and me, right?" He asked me.

"Yeah" I exhaled.

No other family.

"I'm discharged in three days and you're most likely gonna be discharged Friday, are you coming home with me?" He asked me.

"Of course" I spoke.

Did I have much of an other choice?

"Good" he almost exhaled, smiling lightly.

"do you remember anything else?" I asked him.

He nodded slowly.

"The day she passed" he hummed lightly, making me look to my hands.

"She was in a hospital bed, you were laying with her." He spoke the truth.

"She loved you so much, that's the only reason she cried" he spoke, tears coming into his eyes.

"She had told me days before that you were her life and she didn't know how she was supposed to move on without you." He spoke, making more and more tears come into my eyes.

"I miss her" my voice cracked lightly.

Unexpectedly, he got up, sitting in bed with me.

He threw his arm around me, resting his head on top of mine.

"It's you and me, princess."