Chapter 24

A/N

This book is not updated, chapters have been changed and edited on Patreon where the book is completed. Part two has been completed and book three is now up. Thank you.

Mia's P.O.V

Prom

The one night every girl dreams of

Hair

Makeup

Accessories

Heels

The Dress

Her date

All possibly leading to cherries being popped and whatnot. It was all really the perfect setup for most guys to get their dick wet if you asked me.

Yet here I was, glaring at the prom poster taped to my locker.

"Have you bought your ticket to prom?" I mocked before snatching it off my locker.

Was I a tad bit salty?

No

Absolutely not, I didn't go back home and I wouldn't be going now.

I looked back down at the poster again.

Okay, MAYBE, maybe I did want to go.

This time was different. Back home, people had mates or were dating someone. I on the other hand didn't have that luxury to just date anyone. Saving myself for my mate was all I ever wanted. Besides, I wouldn't dare trick some poor guy into thinking he had a shot at being my equal when my mate was out there.

Now I have my mate who was too busy friend-zoning me at the moment to even be bothered with the thought of prom. Apparently, when he said to start over and to go slow, he fucking meant just that. Prom was a couples thing, and that was something he made clear that we weren't.

I ripped the poster in frustration.

"Ouch, what did that poor poster do to you?" Felix laughed.

"Shut the fuck up Felix." I opened my locker, grabbing things that I needed. We were in the week of finals which meant time was running out. "It's too early for your shit." I closed the locker.

He just laughed at me as I threw my middle finger up at him, walking to my first hour with said friendzoner.

He was there, bright and early like usual, waiting for me. He smiled when he locked eyes with me.

I groaned, making my way to him.

How do you overcome such great sexual frustration that you willingly are putting yourself through?

Slow

We agreed to go slow

And fucking slow we were going

Completely ignoring any sexual activities with one another was the absolute hardest thing I've ever had to do in my entire life. Just like I know he was struggling with this sudden change as well.

But no matter his urges, he kept it strictly clean...

And I hate it.

Accidentally brushing my ass against him in the kitchen, leaning against him, "accidentally" falling into his lap...

I'm a sex-deprived woman with needs and my hand wasn't cutting it anymore.

I smiled back at him before taking my seat.

At this point, if I witnessed another prom proposal one more time, I was going to explode.

The posters, the bands, the dancing, the cheers, the claps, the screams, the yes's! All of it was making me want to puke.