Chapter 25

A/N

This book is not updated, chapters have been changed and edited on Patreon where the book is completed. Part two has been completed and book three is now up. Thank you.

Mia's P.O.V

My last final exam was today and I was already ready to get it over with. Prom was in about three days and I was still in the friendzone with Landon. I'm pretty sure today was the last day to buy tickets and he still made no move.

I was 100% sure I would yet again not be attending prom.

That was fine, totally fine with me.

"Are you alright?" The girl to the side of me asked, breaking me out of my trance.

I frowned. "Yeah, why?"

She pointed down at my hand. I didn't even notice I snapped my pencil in half.

Okay, I wasn't totally fine with it. I wanted to go to prom damn it! I wanted to go pick out the perfect prom dress, go to the salon to get my hair and makeup done. Wear heels that would leave my feet in blisters, but it would be okay because Landon would rub my feet at the end of the night, not before fucking my brains out all night long. Slow dance with Landon after we drink too much of the spiked punch. I wanted it all.

I finished the exam with my half pencil before leaving the class. The teacher smiled, telling me she'd see me at graduation. There was really no use in me staying the rest of the day, I'd already taken all of my exams now.

I gave the school one last look over, I would not be missing this place, not one bit. I grabbed my bag out of my locker and made my way out of the building.

Today was prom, Felix was out getting a haircut, Tara was getting her hair and nails done, Landon hadn't made any attempt to see me since the last day of school and I was currently binge-watching How To Get Away With Murder and eating a bunch of random sweets. Life was good.

My phone buzzed, altering me that I had a text message. Glancing down at it, my heart skipped a beat at the name on the screen.

Landon:
Can you come over?

I snorted, can I come over? You haven't spoken to me in three days but all of a sudden you want me to come over, on the day of prom!

I sent him a short, sweet message:
No

Turning my attention back to the tv, I continued watching until my phone started ringing. I huffed, answering it. "What Landon?"

"Are you busy?"

I looked at the tv, down at my snacks before nodding my head as if he could see me. "Yeah, I sort of am."

I heard shuffling around. "Can you just stop by for like, a minute? It's important."

I shrugged. "Well tell me now." I popped a skittle in my mouth.

"I can't, just please, get here soon."

I raised an eyebrow. "Please? You never beg."

"Mia," He groaned.

I smiled. "Give me a minute to shower, I'll be there in an hour." I hung up, brushing all my snacks off my lap before running to the bathroom. I quickly showered and shaved all the important bits, brushing out my hair and my teeth before lotioning up and throwing on one of his large hoodies and a pair of leggings.

I was out of the house in record time, making my way to his.

Once I was there, I made my way in. "Landon?" I closed and locked the door behind me as I made my way up the stairs to his room. The sound of the shower being turned off altered me that he'd just finished. He came out shortly with a towel wrapped around his waist.