Chapter 10

And here we are, the last full chapter! There's still an epilogue to come next week, and possibly an alternate ending at some point~ I also have an idea for a bonus chapter of Tattooed Mistakes! That'll be very heavy on the angst so be warned. Limelight and, hopefully, Beyond The Barrier will be returning soon!

Btw I spent most of my time and money at the convention last week commissioning artists to draw BG zombies. Money well spent

Chapter 10 theme songs: Next To You by Emma Blackery, Just Wanna Be With You from High School Musical 3 and I'm Not That Girl from Wicked

_______________________________________

~ No matter where life takes us, nothing could break us apart ~

_______________________________________

When he woke up the next morning, Alonzo didn't want to open his eyes. He didn't want to look. If he looked, he might regret it. He might regret sleeping with him. He might regret getting back together with him at all. Maybe he could pretend for a moment it was someone else's arms around him, and he really was over Zephyr. But it wasn't.

He eventually opened his eyes, staring straight ahead, still scared of what could happen. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the unmistakable mossy green curls and suddenly he couldn't stop his gaze from drifting further down. Zephyr lay beside him, a peaceful expression on his face, with one arm draped across Al's waist and the other under his neck with his hand in his hair. In that moment, Alonzo did regret it.

He regretted ever wanting to shut this boy out of his life.

He reached out a hand and gently stroked Zephyr's cheek, stirring him awake. Zephyr scrunched up his face for a second as he let out a small, sleepy moan and Al wondered how he had even survived these last few months without waking up to that even once. When Zeph finally locked eyes with Alonzo, he seemed to hesitate, giving him a questioning look. He must have been thinking the same thing, that Al would end up changing his mind. He sucked in a breath, not sure what to say, but then Al smiled and slowly kissed his forehead, letting his lips linger there as he mumbled, "Good morning, garzi'ka."

Zeph closed his eyes and sighed with relief, "Morning..." he smiled up at his boyfriend.

The hand on Alonzo's waist came to take hold of his chin and pull him into a long, sweet kiss. He hummed happily and, bringing his hands up to cup Zephyr's face, rolled onto his back. Zephyr easily let himself be pulled on top of Al, propping himself up on his forearms.

When they parted, Al lay looking up at him in silence for a moment, brushing a thumb across his cheek.

"... We're gonna make it work this time, right?" he asked in a whisper.

Zephyr slowly leaned down to kiss his lips once more, "I am never gonna risk losing you again, you hear me?"

A smile spread across Al's face, so contagious that Zephyr couldn't keep from grinning as he pressed their foreheads together. In a flash of spontaneity, he pecked Al's nose, earning a surprised giggle in response, then quickly ducked his head to nip his neck just below his ear. Al gasped and laughed, Zephyr laughing along with him.

This was it. This was right. This was how he was supposed to feel. How Zephyr was supposed to make him feel.

Loved. Completely.

He left a few more kisses on his neck and jaw before Al stopped him.

"Wait. Wait a minute," he said and Zephyr pulled back, "What time is it?"