C12: I'm Gonna be Okay

Chapter Twelve || I'm Gonna be Okay

Unlike the other days of her stay in Sweet Pleasures Inn, Kendall woke up feeling like the walking dead.

Groaning from the skull splitting pain in her head, she slowly rose from the dead or bed, however you look at it. She rubbed her eyes as black spots floated in her vision from the bright lights coming from the window.

"Why do I keep on forgetting to put curtains on the damned windows?" She muttered to herself. She looked around, the pain in her skull starting to dull. Then she realized she wasn't in her room. From the woes of heartbreak last night, she wasn't able to go back to her own room.

Instead, she had a drinking fest on her own if the headache and the empty Corona bottles littering the floor were anything to come by. Ugh, she was going to ruin her liver by this rate. She had to stop, she should just move on and frigging forget about Henry and Mindy.

That's right, as if it was as easy as saying it.

She would have rolled her eyes but even the back of her eyes were pounding. So she begrudgingly went out of the room and took a bath.

Kendall was fixing herself a cup of coffee when Gavin came in her doors. He was freshly shaven and looked delectable in his sheriff uniform. She took her cup on the kitchen island and watched him saunter towards her.

"Good morning darling," he greeted and her face broke into a small smile.

"Morning honey, you want coffee?" She asked, gesturing to her mug. Gavin shook his head, rounded the island and stood between her legs, nudging them apart until he fitted himself on her crotch.

Kendall fought the shiver from crawling its way to her skin, "I already had my cup. You called me honey." He said and her heart jump started inside her chest.

Her mouth ran dry from the intensity of his eyes. "So what?"

"So what? Darling you're letting me in." He murmured and his breath fanned her face, making her stomach flutter.

Her breathing caught in her throat as the stings of tears pricked her nose and her eyes watered. She was so eager to let Gavin in so he could numb her pain, that was what was happening right? And she was such a bitch for doing it. But no, she knew that whatever it was she was building with Gavin, it was something special. Really special.

"No darling, you don't need to think anything else. I love it that you call me honey and you're letting me in." Gavin said, framing her face with his rough hands.

She bit her lip, "Kendall, what are you thinking?" He asked and she closed her eyes as the tear cascaded slowly down her cheek.

Gavin caught the wetness with his thumb, "Tell me," he urged.

She expelled a breath through her pursed lips before she said it. "Mindy is pregnant with Henry's child."

She didn't see what his expression was because she closed her eyes as the reality of it pierced her heart.

Gavin tipped her chin up so she would meet his gaze and her heart warmed from the understanding in his eyes.

"I'm mad at them and hurt. I feel that why should I give this to them? Why should I sign those divorce papers and allow them to be happy? I should just let them suffer because they betrayed me."

"Do you know why you won't do that?" Gavin asked as he continued to wipe the tears falling from her eyes.

She shook her head and Gavin kissed her lips.

"Because you are better than that. You are a better person compared to them so you'd give them that freedom to be happy. Because in doing so, you are also allowing yourself to have the freedom to explore this thing between us."