Chapter Four: Just "Check"-ing In

I woke up to bright sunlight streaming through my window. I hastily leaped out of bed, angrily drawing my black curtains shut, not taking the time to look out the large window of my apartment.

     Today was going to be a busy day. And a draining one.

     I made myself a cup of black coffee, and then I traveled to the most powerful Assassin's Guild in Aria - the city, that is. They sold acres of land (from the people that they killed), as well as rare goods and other very-wanted items.

     Their Guild name was "Bloodhound". 

     Rightfully named.

     I kept my eyes on my belt until I got there - I was carrying precious items that day that were worthy of information.

     I went through the Guild's manor's front gates, and I was greeted by a dark-gray-clothed assassin.

     "Name."

     "Raven Sharpclaw."

     "Why are you here." The assassin spoke through gritted teeth.

     I've been invited to join this guild multiple times - I've refused every time, of course, but they aren't the type to not  hold grudges.

     "I have inquiries, and  items of trade."

     "Fine, but you better not steal anything."

     "Then don't steal anything from me."

     I was waved through the gates, and I was allowed entry into the manor.

     "Can I see Aldergore?" I asked rather loudly. "Privately?"

     I was growled at, but also escorted up a creaking, old stairway. A couple of left turns were taken, and one of my guards rapped sharply upon Aldergore's office door.

    "Aldergore?" I yelled. "I need to speak with you, sir!"

    "What do you want? You better not be here just to waste my time."

     "I have better things to do than that, sir. I assure you that I am here for business and inquiries only."

     "Good. Come in."

     I obeyed, and I then sat down in a boring, regular-looking office. But I knew, indeed, that looks could be deceiving.

     "Ah, hello, Raven! How's the DAA treating you?"

     "Oh, the Detective Agency of Aria, sir? They're very welcoming, but they do understand that I am their partner upon my own conditions," I answered kindly.

     "Very interesting, very interesting. Now what brings you here to see me?" he questioned. 

     "Well, I heard that you've just cashed in a very large check, am I correct?" I smiled a little half-smile. "It'll do the Guild well, I assume."