Chapter Eighteen: Emotions Aren't Helpful

"Raven... I loved them. I love... you, even. You are my brother, and that is what matters here." 

     "Shut up, Emeran. Stop lying to me... you can't, and you don't," I stated matter-of-factly, wiping at my eyes. "You don't even -"

     "I love my family."  His voice was a low growl.

     "NO, YOU DON'T! IF YOU DID, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE KILLED THEM! MY FAMILY!"  I screeched, throwing the dagger in my hand at Emeran Rain. It shot right past him, nicking his ear.

     Fury shone in those cruel blue eyes. 

     I'd looked into them so many times that week.

     But I didn't know that they'd belonged to a ruthless killer.

     "I do."

     "No, you don't. Now stop saying that. I'm going home. At least I've cracked this case."

     I yanked my dagger out of his wall, grabbed my phone off his desk (that I'd passed when I came in?!), and I stormed out of his house.

    * * * * * * * 

     When I arrived at my house, and after I'd called the police on Emeran, I realized that I was missing a couple of things from this case.

     One: Emeran. I'd called the police an hour ago, and the DAA called me, saying Emeran wasn't home.

     Two: My brain - not literally. 

     I messed up this case. And bad. 

      I needed to find Emeran.

     I was the only one that can track him down, after all.

     But that was going to wait...

     ... until I found out what happened to Ren Knifeborn.