Chapter Twenty Three: I Didn't Realize...

My eyes made an audible glint, and I knew that it was a warning.

     A warning that I'd reach Fatality...

     Did I even dare?

     I closed my eyes, pulling up all of my magic, pulling it up from the locked box that was off-limits, pulling it up until I couldn't breathe.

     I was determined to destroy him.

     "Raven," he whispered, his eyes a smoldering amber,  "you don't want to do this. You'll die."

     "As long as you're gone, I'll be fine," I hissed, my temper out of check. 

     "You've asked for it," Demerious flung out, the flames encircling his arms as he casted shadows along the rubble behind him. The first row of flames snaked out like dominoes, exposing a second wall behind it.

     "Try me, Gatemaster."

     He growled - a warning, I'm assuming - and lunged for me, his handcuffs finally breaking.

     "Neat trick you have there, Demerious; you stored up your magic so you could break the handcuffs. I'm willing to bet that you don't have much left. Those were magical handcuffs."

     "I... have enough... to destroy you," he panted out, standing up tall. His amber eyes got a zoned-out look to them, and he raised his hands, his palms facing me, and unleashed the fire in my direction.

     I was blasted back a bit by his wave of fire. I got back up on my feet, and I locked my flashing purple eyes onto his.

     The boy's face hardened, showing a bit of Demerious' personality.

     "No! P-please, sir!" A wail came from the little boy's mouth.

     Demerious was screaming, his ancient voice like splinters in every inch of my entire body.

     A cloud of black emerged from the boy's eyes.

     Suddenly, the little boy's eyes rolled to the back of his head, and he collapsed in a heap on the rubble-littered floor.

     I rushed to the boy's side in an instant. 

     The boy's eyelids fluttered; a sign of life.

     "Hey, can you open your eyes for me?"

     It took a few seconds, but the boy obeyed.

     I took a glance back at the black cloud. It made up what sort of looked like a human being, choking and gasping on the floor.

     I turned back to the kid.

     "Hey, what's your name, kid?" I asked.

     "I... I don't... remember," he managed.

     "Try  to remember."

     I then turned back to what I thought could be Demerious.

     The man, made of darkness, was about to kill us.

     But not if I could help it.