Chapter Thirty-One: Demerious's Confession

"Demerious, I'm going to ask one more time... what do you know about their deaths?"

     "M-maybe a little something," he panted, his throat grasped in my hands, my black gun at my side.

     "What?" I ground out, releasing one side of his neck - but only to grab my black gun.

     I was in Demerious' holding cell. I was trying to get a confession out of him.

     He needed to stay off the streets for good.

     He needed to be Eliminated.

     His hands and ankles were still handcuffed to the table, in which was fastened to the concrete floor.

     I positioned it over his forehead, cracking my neck.

     "I... Emeran summoned me, and I... I am trying to get to the Gates..." he choked out. "I escaped his attempt at trying to send me back after I... helped kill your parents."

     "Decent confession, but I'll need more than that. Where'd you get that body, Demerious?"

     "A boy on the street - I swear that I don't know him. He was a random boy."

     "You eat his soul?"

     "Y-yes, I did."

     "Why are you trying to get to the Gates?"

     "I control what happens there; I'm their leader."

     "You're a death deity... that's what you're saying?" I raised an eyebrow.

     "Well, I guess you could say that." Demerious looked straight into my eyes, and the little boy that sat, chained in that chair, was so out of place.

     I could almost see the sheer innocence that the boy once had.

     But that little boy was no longer a boy.

     He was something else. Something dark.

     "Demerious... did you kill my parents?"

     "Of course I did. Didn't I tell you that I had a wonderful time doing it?"

     I emitted a low growl.

     "You can't touch me," Demerious grinned. "I put up a shield the second that I saw you coming."

     I shook with rage.

     Gritting my teeth, I tried to reel in my emotions. 

     But they were becoming too strong.

     "That's not going to work, Raven," Demerious rasped out as I finally let go of his neck. "You can't break the shield using your emotions."

     He gave me a brilliant idea.

     His amber eyes filled with terror as a palmful of black magical spirals poured out of my hand. 

     I was going to attempt to break the barrier.

     Dark magic swirled around me. I felt my whole body shake as I walked a few unsteady steps forward.

     I was about to unleash my magic in a dangerous way.

     I was going to go all-out.

     "Raven, listen. This is for your safety. Don't... don't do this."

     "I don't care anymore."

     Dark purple tears slowly made their way down my face as I raised my hands up, my fingers clenched tightly into fists.

     I let go of all the tension in my body, and I then poured all of my magic out, burst by burst, until I was empty.

     Dust clouded the room. I was hearing my name - and a horrible, bloody screaming that I couldn't quite match the name to a voice, the voice to a name...

     I was a Spirit Raven.

     But Demerious was one, too.

     Our paths were meant to connect... but not like this.

     We aren't Spirit Doves - I'm not good, exactly, and I never really will be. 

     But that doesn't justify what I did next.