Chapter 2

.

.

.

"Are you sure you're willing to do this all for me?"

She was now more nervous than ever before because Mr Sinclair was sitting right in front of her wearing a steamed-pressed navy suit and a steely grey tie that matched his stormy eyes.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He chuckled a smirk in her direction and she nearly fainted. "And didn't we already agree that if you took me to a nice place I would help you?" he reassured.

She made an effort to believe it. Though before when she was contemplating on calling him, she didn't think he would actually pick up.

And now they were in a restaurant that she, her dad and her mum used to go to when she was little. Except now with a man who wasn't even partially close to her. It wasn't that fancy but she figured (hoped) it was enough to bring a dazzling CEO to.

"May I take your order?" The waiter asked with a notebook in hand.

She already what she was going to order, her favourite pineapple rice. However, she saw how he was still looking at the Thai menu and instantly assumed the worse.

She leaned over and whispered, "If it's not to your liking, we can always try somewhere else."

She watched as he moved his head up at her and smiled, as if saying he was fine. She moved back onto the back of the chair and waited for him as he said his order. The waiter quickly wrote it down and dismissed himself before leaving them two to be alone once more.

"Maybe I should have picked a different place," she started to say.

She was starting to become unsure of her choice and thought it was stupid to let a CEO come to this middle-rate restaurant.

'He probably goes to 5-star restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner.'

She sighed out loud, but suddenly felt a cool touch on her hand. Quite alarmed, she whipped her head towards him. He gave her a reassuring look with his hand on hers. It gave her slight shiver, though she didn't know whether it was because of the cold air or his touch.

"Don't worry, it's a nice place," he said comfortingly.

She smiled at him, thankful for his words but uncomfortably eyed his hand on hers. It was resting right on top of her hand, no doubt on purpose. Was it another business skill?

She chuckled lowly and slowly took her hand back to her lap. Thinking she made it awkward, she began a conversation with him.

"So, how is everything going? It's been a few weeks since we saw each other," she started.

She watched him gaze at her with his stormy grey eyes, and just like last time, captivated her so that she couldn't move her eyes away. Then he slowly shifted I'm his seat and adjusted his arms.

"It's good, nothing major. This time of the year isn't too bad either," he replied, "But what about you? What have you been up to?

She thought about it. "Well, I went out shopping with my friends and tried volunteering at a shelter. I also applied for this part-time job at a firm."

She noticed how the word 'job' seemed to perk his interest. "A part-time job? What do you do?"

"I just staple papers and help print things. I also set up the meetings and other minor things," she replied, uninterested at her own job.

However, he replied with a smile, "I see," seemingly very interested."So kind of like a secretary. Do you like that type of job?"

She gave a nervous laugh, "No, not really. I mean, it's not bad. It just gets a little boring sometimes if I'm honest."