Chapter 9

.

.

.

"I'm so bored," Rose groaned. 

Keenan glanced over at Rose was lying on the couch staring at the ceiling in the middle of the day. 

"Sorry Rose, I still have some work to do. We can go out later tonight when I'm finished," he said working at the dining table. 

"No thanks," she grumbled on the couch. 

He frowned but continued typing away. 

He felt as though she never accepted any invitations of his unless he took her somewhere without her knowing.

"I could be working too or going out with my friends but thanks to a certain someone, I can't do either of those things," he heard her mumble. 

He sighed to himself. He knew she definitely wasn't used to doing nothing. It's not as if she couldn't do anything though. He gave her a platinum gold card a week after they got married and told her she could use it whenever she wanted but there it was, still sitting in her bag being neglected.

She just didn't want to use his money for anything. It made him frustrated sometimes. What was the point of working so hard for her if she won't appreciate it? He was doing this all for her. 

"You know I don't like it when you go out with your friends," he stated.

"I haven't seen them since we got married," she retorted. "They even invited me to attend a high school reunion recently but now I missed it."

"..."

"Who knows when the next one is? We all might be dying from old age by the time the next one comes around."

He frowned. He really didn't like her going out with her friends. Even though he said she had to ask for permission to go out, he didn't want to say 'Yes'. He just hated the thought of her just going to see someone that wasn't him. 

"I'm supposed to be starting university too," she murmured under her breath.

He flicked the paper he was working on and sighed. He actually liked the idea of her going to university and doing what she wanted but the thing that bothered him the most was the fact that she would be around horny, wild frat boys every day. 

"You could take online courses," he suggested. 

He heard her shift on the couch.

"It's not the same experience," she said. 

It would be a lie if he said he felt guilty. After all, he felt satisfied knowing she was right next to him even if she didn't like it. 

However, he did like the feeling of making her happy as well, so he mentally decided to do something for her that he hoped she would like. 

.

.

.

"Rose, let me introduce you to someone," he said, calling out for her in the living room. 

He watched as Rose came out of the bedroom confused and saw how her eyes landed on the person next to him. 

"Rose, this is Marie," he said, gesturing for Marie towards Rose, "I thought you two could get along."

Rose looked suspicious, "I thought you didn't like guests?"

"It's fine, since I trust Marie," he responded.

"Hi, nice to meet you," Marie said, extending her hand towards Rose. 

Rose smiled and shook her hand, "Hi, it's nice to finally have someone else to talk to."